TS-Doctor 2.0 www.cypheros.de

Autor Thema: Cutting window freezing  (Gelesen 206 mal)

jaydear

• []--< (((
    • Profil anzeigen
Cutting window freezing
« am: Juli 25, 2019, 23:42:24 »
The cutting window is intermittently freezing when I'm looking for an 'out' frame. This problem is becoming more frequent.

All controls work until I set an 'in' point. I can move the playback cursor manually whilst playing or paused and the picture changes as expected. If I then select a time shift button (+10s / +1m / +1s, -1m / -10s / etc.) the picture may continue to update or just freeze. Pressing the + or - IF button appears to unfreeze it, but if I press pause the picture jumps to some other time and freezes again.

If I press the Play button, the timer runs but the picture stays frozen. If I press the +1F button the timer runs but the picture stays frozen and it never finds another I-frame. HUGE problem!

TSD has done this before, but it always recovered if I jumped back and forth a few seconds. I'm using v2.2.21 to cut off-air h.264 TS files.

TS-Doctor is the bees' knees :)

Cypheros

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
    • Cypheros Software Seite
Re: Cutting window freezing
« Antwort #1 am: Juli 26, 2019, 12:53:30 »
Change "Default Video Renderer" from "Haali Video Renderer" to "AUTOMATIC" or "Video Renderer" under Settings/Preferences/Preview.

jaydear

• []--< (((
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: Juli 26, 2019, 23:31:02 »
I have tried all the renderers as well as Automatic, but they made no difference to the problem. I locked in Haali because in Automatic I could see the Haali icon in my notification area.

jaydear

• []--< (((
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: Juli 27, 2019, 21:24:27 »
You will recall I was having cutting area issues with files from a certain broadcaster, and that TSD was generating huge logs. I don't have that particular problem now, but it is largely recordings from that broadcaster that are freezing during cutting. The recording that helped you find the "no cutting area" (huge log) problem may assist you with this. If not, I can send you a problematic one.

There is still something unusual about those recordings that causes problems in VRD v6, even though the files have been cleaned in TSD. In VRD v5 they won't open at all and just crash it. I've also tried opening them in Vegas v15 which does claim to support them, but they crash Vegas unless muxed to mkv. They are still uneditable in Vegas though. The audio is OK, but the video is just the station logo on a black background. I didn't know the logo has it's own stream, but it must because it fades in at the start, out at the end and any animation is viewable. MKVtoolnix doesn't seem to list a separate stream for the logo, but I'm not an expert with it yet.

The cleaned TS files do open in Ashampoo Movie Pro 3, but it struggles and is very slow even on a fast PC with heaps of RAM. Ultimately it just crashes when I try to export the edited result  ::)  I've also tried Open Shot, which does open them, but it has similar problems to Ashampoo Movie Pro 3.  DVB Inspector can load them, but it's like hacking through a jungle  ;D

Cypheros

• Administrator
    • Profil anzeigen
    • Cypheros Software Seite
« Antwort #4 am: Juli 29, 2019, 22:00:26 »
Sorry, on vacation for 2 weeks. Will look into it, if I'm back.

jaydear

• []--< (((
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #5 am: Juli 29, 2019, 22:24:51 »
Have a good time  :)

jaydear

• []--< (((
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #6 am: August 09, 2019, 21:56:35 »
Just an update on this problem... When it occurs I add a couple of +10 sec jumps to make sure I'm getting the end, but they may not make it into the saved file and it may take a few retries to get the whole program. I have to jump ahead far enough to see the video is playing.

jaydear

• []--< (((
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #7 am: August 12, 2019, 23:20:39 »
I think I've found the cause of this problem. It was always occurring near the gap between programs in the editor. I have never used the Auto-Cut feature so Auto-Cut was not selected. To investigate, I turned it on which revealed several more tabs. I entered each one and deselected everything I could. I think some of the settings were still active, probably the ones relating to the EPG, even though Auto-Cut was not being used. I Turned Auto-Cut back off and the problem seems to be gone  8)

jaydear

• []--< (((
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #8 am: August 13, 2019, 23:30:27 »
Nope... I was wrong. It still gets strange in the gaps - freezing and saving a shorter file than selected  >:(

www.cypheros.de