Using Open Multiple Files

Begonnen von eultof, August 15, 2011, 19:29:56

« vorheriges - nächstes »

eultof

I just buy TS-Doctor but facing problem when using "Open multiple file".
My DVB recorder Iomega makes TS files of 20Mo each. So the best would be to use the above function. Problem : it seems there's a limitation in the number of files, or total size, or total duration. After opening operation (the list shows all files, usually around 200), if I use the cutting tool, the bars shows something like 1hour video instead of 2...
My actual wraparound method consist in a copy command on DOS prompt to make a big TS file, and then use "Open File" of TS-Doctor... Not so smart...
Does someone know what I made wrong?

Thanks!

Cypheros

Yes, the limit is 100 files because the TS-Doctor has to open all the files at the same time to virtually merge the recording.

It's the first recorder I see, using such small files. Most receivers have a setting to change the splitting size. There is no reason to have such a large number of files.

eultof

Thanks for the quick answer!
There's nothing configurable in the recorder. I will make a post on Iomega forum!

Let's see...

Cypheros

What's the name of the Iomega device?

Most of the receivers I know, have a file size of 1, 2 or 4 GBytes.

NorbertK

Try the freeware tool "A.F.7 Merge your files". Its much easier as the DOS Command. Its a little tool based on the Dos command.

www.cypheros.de