Problem with audio codec

Begonnen von TUK, Januar 16, 2015, 12:07:10

« vorheriges - nächstes »

TUK

Hello,

I am using a WD TV live interfacing with my TV and until now there was no problem with most of my TS records.
Some DVB records use now  an AAC audio codec  which is not accepted, then an image and no sound. In the futur this type of audio codec shall replace MPEG1,2 or 3 audio. This WD TV live accepts however  AAC with other containers ( MP4 or MKV) but I prefer to use TS format.

I could convert AAC to  MPEG1,2 or 3 but is it a long term solution ? If you have any idea please tell me ...

Cypheros

There are two different AAC formats, LATM and ADTS. LATM is used very often for DVB but not supported by most mediaplayers. If you activate the LATM/ADTS option, you can convert AAC/LATM to AAC/ADTS without quality loss during remuxing.
[attachimg=1]

You can remux to TS if tsMuxeR is installed (Settings/Preferences/Supported Tools/tsMuxeR).

To remux use TS Remuxer under Tools/Expert Tools.

TUK

Hello,

Thanks very much for your answer, I will test it to morrow. In the mean time I found this :

- As already said the WDTVlive does not accepts TS(AVC/AAC) but is compatible with MKV(AVC,AAC).

- Looking ( closely) TSD possibilities there is a converter  TS to MKV.
It is  then possible to do the following :
- clean original TS or M2TS ( AVC,AAC) >  TS(AVC,AAC)
- convert  TS(AVC,AAC) > MKV(AVC,AAC) compatible with WDTVLive

It works on one try, I did it !

- Any restriction, potential problem iwith this approach ?
- If it works, which solutions is better in terms of quality ?

Cypheros

If not already installed, install MKVToolnix and use the TS Remuxer under "Expert Tools" to convert to MKV. TS Format Converter will not work with WDTV but MKVToolnix and TS Remuxer will create compatible MKVs.

TUK

Thanks again,

There are then 2 solutions, have you a preference ?
I will test both anyway tomorrow.

Cypheros

No, this is one solution. Install MKVToolnix and TS Remuxer (part of TS-Doctor) is using MKVToolnix for muxing to MKV.

TUK

Hello,

- OK only one solution : TS remuxer uses MKVtoolnix  in order to convert a "clean" TS(AVC,AAC) for instance to MKV(AVC,AAC).

- Question : initially you indicated to me to activate "REmuxAAC(LATM) to AAC(ADTS) is it the first step to do before using  TS remuxer (+ MKVtoolnix ) and keep it for future ?

note : the report "remuxed" in attach, shows thousands of lines of same typelike  "AAC small PTS delta on PID $0101 at PTS: 00:00:00.506 [1ms]", is that  normal ?

Thanks

Cypheros

I guess it's a rounding problem. I hope it will be fixed in the next version. We are working on it.

TUK

Hello,

- Thanks for your answer but I do not quite understand the "rounding problem" :
Is the problem related to my question (  " activate "REmuxAAC(LATM) to AAC(ADTS) is it the first step..." or the report with "..thousands of lines of same typelike  "AAC small ...." ?

- My problem is to re-work or not now on a "certain" number of vidéo  "fixed.ts" files in order to have a compatibility with my WDTVLive and consequently to choose the wright procedure.

TUK

Hello,

I would not like to insist too much but I would really appreciate an answer indicating to me what to do...

Thanks in advance

Cypheros

There is a problem with the log creating wrong message "AAC small PTS delta". This is a rounding problem and fixed in TS-Doctor Beta 1.2.156.

TUK

Hello,

1/ Thanks very much to fix the problem related to the report communicated

2/ I still need your help to know what to do concerning the use of the remux tool to convert a fixed.ts file to MKV. initially you indicated to me to activate too "REmuxAAC(LATM) to AAC(ADTS).

Do I follow a 2 steps procedure to get a "good quality" MKV file ?
    a/ REmuxAAC(LATM) to AAC(ADTS)
    b/ Use Remux tool (with  MKVtoolnix) 

Cypheros

Good practice would be:

• Open file with TS-Doctor, cut  and save new file
  • Open new file with TS-Doctor/Tools/Expert Tools/TS Remuxer (make sure AAC LATM to ADTS is active in settings) and save as MKV (MKVToolnix is needed).

TUK

Hello,

Everything clear,

Thanks a lot

www.cypheros.de