Save name changes

Begonnen von Prasmus, Juni 12, 2020, 09:33:03

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Prasmus

Hi Cypheros

After using version 1.xx for over 10 years my PC died and I tried to install the same version on another old PC I have. That failed, it said to install a newer version so I'm now on 3.0.22 (trial) until I get a new computer, then I will buy this new version, I guess it's fine to pay you a little when using your software for such a long time  :)
And of cause: Thank you for a wonderful editing and fixing tool!

I got a little issue with 3.0.22 (or maybe it's really a windows 7 issue coming from XP and it will be fixed when I get my new Win10 PC).
I cut something like 10 to 30 files a day so a little issue can be quite annoying when repeated this many times every day.

First I will describe how I work with TS-Doctor, so you have a chance to see the issue.

1) I drag/drop a .ts file onto TS-Doctor.
2) I select "Prepare cutting" and do the editing.
3a) I select "Save new file" and finds the folder on my NAS to save the fixed/edited ts file.
3b) I drag/drop the .txt file belonging to the .ts file (saved by DVBviewer) onto TS-Doctors "Save new file" file dialog as I want to keep this file together with the cutted .ts file.
3c) I press "Save" om the file dialog.

And then I start over again with the next .ts file.
Btw. I use batch mode.

And now the issue..... When dropping the .txt file onto the "Save new file" file dialog the save filename changes to the filename as the dropped .txt file. Than means that I have to either save the .txt file on the NAS in another way OR manually change the save name to the correct name with _fixed.ts

The issue first started when I went from TS-Doctor 1.xx on a Windows XP to right now TS-Doctor 3.0.22 on a Windows 7.
Yes I have set settings Preferences->Files->FilanameMangling to "Keep original filename and append _fixed". And the file is right until the .txt file is dropped.

Hope it can be fixed or there are a work around of it.
If the issue will disappear in windows 10 then don't fix anything as I will be upgrading to a new win 10 PC in a week or two.

Regards
Peter

Cypheros

I don't think that it is an issue with the new TS-Doctor version but a changed behaviour of Windows. The "Save new file" dialog is a internal Windows dialog that was changed by Microsoft, so an application can no longer change the behaviour of that dialog in any way.

By the way, the using of the file saving dialog as a drag&drop target is absolutely new to me. So it's possible, that the behaviour of this dialog will be another under Windows 10.

Prasmus

Thank you for the fast reply!

I totally agree with you about the file dialog behavior do change from windows to windows, I do write windows applications for a living so I have come across many changes in windows over time too.

I have a suggestion (option) that you could consider in the settings that will fix my issue and save me from the drag/drop in the same time.
In the Settings->Preferences->Files you got the Create recording info file that creates the .txt file.

For me it would be nice to either have a checkbox for copying the DVBviewer text file to the same place as the fixes .ts file OR a checkbox that let the Create recording info file file take it content from the DVBviewer text file. I guess this can be done in many other ways too.
I would prefer that the ending .txt file don't have '_fixed' appended but that's not a big issue for me!

If you decide to add this option in some way here is some more info for you:

DVDviewer makes 3 files in my setup:
06-12_23-45-02_DR1_Operation Argo.log
06-12_23-45-02_DR1_Operation Argo.ts  (this is dropped to TS-Doctor)
06-12_23-45-02_DR1_Operation Argo.txt  (this is the DVBviewer text file I would like to copy)

After cutting and fixing the files I would like on the NAS are:
Operation Argo  [1]  06-12_23-45-02_DR1_fixed.ts  (created by TS-Doctor)
Operation Argo  [1]  06-12_23-45-02_DR1_fixed.log  (created by TS-Doctor)
06-12_23-45-02_DR1_Operation Argo.txt  (DVBviewer text file)

You might wonder how the 06-12_23-45-02_DR1_Operation Argo changes to Operation Argo  [1]  06-12_23-45-02_DR1. I just do a little renaming in the save new file dialog before I press the Save button.
I just included this to let you know that I don't want the 06-12_23-45-02_DR1_Operation Argo.txt to be renamed too.

www.cypheros.de