Fixing HEVC based TS file

Begonnen von freebits, September 15, 2015, 18:29:04

« vorheriges - nächstes »

freebits

Hi,

I'm new to this TS-Doctor but saw some potentials in handling HEVC TS files.

My recordings are always messed up with incorrect bitrate and time stamp because of partially encrypted signals so I'd like to fix it using TSDoctor trial but it does not. The result of timestamp is also incorrect.

Can you improve TS-Doctor to fix my problem of HEVC based TS files?

You can download my sample file from the following link.

Thanks in advance,
Nam

Cypheros

Hi, thanks for the sample. HEVC is still rare.

There is a PCR jump at the point where commercials starting. TS-Doctor is misinterpreting this as PCR wrap and tries to fix that. It's not working with the detected timer offsets but it helps TS-Doctor to detect the real offset.

Open the fixed file again with TS-Doctor and the PCR jump will be detected and you get a dialog to fix the problem. After the second fix, PCR should be fine.

freebits

Thank you for the reply.

But unfortunately, the main recording (22gb) was not fixed via two time fix. The duration and bitrate info was not correct after 2nd fix and the TS-Doctor didn't ask for the fix of invalid PCR info at 2nd fix different from the sample. The previous sample was cut via Raw cutter in TS-Doctor btw.

Pls check the attached logs of main recording. Dunno if you need larger samples to investigate this.

Thanks.

Cypheros

Looks like there are much more jumps in the stream. It looks like the stream was glued together without regard of the timers.
I could try to make TS-Doctor aware of such a situation and scan not just for one but for multiple PCR jumps and remove the problems.

Interesting is the area of packet 43051028 to packet 49201466 because there are 3 "Strange PCR Jump" events in the log. If you use the raw cutter to give me a copy of this area, this would help me to find a cure for this case.

Lets round the positions to 43000000 for the start and 49210000 for the end, what would result in a file size of 1,2 GByte.

freebits

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Here's the link of the cut file as you instructed.

Cypheros

Great, download is in progress. I'll check it ASAP.

freebits

Zitat von: Cypheros am September 16, 2015, 21:03:06
Great, download is in progress. I'll check it ASAP.

Thank you. Do you think if it's possible to fix?

Cypheros

I guess it should be possible to fix the PCR problems.

freebits

Zitat von: Cypheros am September 17, 2015, 10:10:46
I guess it should be possible to fix the PCR problems.

Great. Will it take some more time?

Cypheros

Cypheros

OK, inplemented a new timer check and correction to fix this jumps. Next Beta is comming soon and will fix your UHD recording.
As you can see, duration of the file is OK now and it's fully playable.
[attachimg=1]

The problem with this file is not HEVC but the stupid timer jumps. I guess they have no the tools yet to assemble UHD content the right way.

freebits

Looks fantastic! Can't wait until new beta is out.   :D

Cypheros

Cypheros

OK, new Beta 1.2.174 is online and should fix your problems. It could be that you get an error message during garbage scan, that a PCR error is detected and you can "Virtually cut and reopen". Just ignore this error message, select "NO" and wait until you get this message:
[attachimg=1]

Select "Yes" and save the new file to a folder of your liking. This new file should be fixed now.

freebits

Thank you. Will test right away :)

www.cypheros.de