Fixing videostream from Technisat with missing PCR

Begonnen von bernie, Dezember 24, 2010, 00:37:50

« vorheriges - nächstes »

bernie

Hi,

I own a Techinsat Digicorder HD S2X plus, and have found out there is a problem if a sat.channel has different PCR-PID compared to VIDEO-PID. This results in TSDoctor reports "PCR missing" when trying to open stream.

I don't know the technial issue with a stream that has missing PCR, but is it possible to rescue the DVB subtitles or teletext that is inside such a stream?

I can get a working stream with a working PCR using other tools, but doing that means I loose all DVB subtitles / teletext.

I have sent a report to Technisat support about this, but if there will come a firmware that solves it I have no idea.

Thanks, bye

Derrick

bernie

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm using Project.x alot, but all my videostreams has always first to be fixed with TSDoctor before I can use Project.x, otherwise Project.x can not see the DVB subtitle / teletext streams inside the videostream.

And when TSdoctor can't fix these PCR-missing videostreams, Project.x can't do its job... Catch-22 situation....

Bye...

Cypheros

Hello,

the Technisat receiver is a bit lazy and not read the PMT correctly. The PCR is the main timer.  Most channels have the PCR integrated in the video stream but a few broadcast channels have a separat stream for PCR. The Technisat receivers tending to forget to record this separat PCR stream.
At the moment the TS-Doctor as no PCR regeneration feature and can't process this files. This feature is planed for a future release.

At the moment you should look out for a remuxer with PCR regeneration feature. TSremux for example.

hennemtk

I am having these problems a lot (w/ Technisat Digicorder K2). It would be nice to get a version supporting those files.

Thanks!

R
Thomas

www.cypheros.de