Dissapointed possible customer :-(

Begonnen von olddroid, Mai 21, 2017, 18:52:52

« vorheriges - nächstes »

olddroid

Living i Norway, I don't understand why I should pay VAT for the software (or, at least the same price as it costs where they charge VAT). I wrote them. Here is the mail and answer:

we have a mixed calculation with the same end user price to make it easier with all that different tax rates (0 - 27%) we have in Europe.
For everyone the price is the same, independent from the geolocation.

First of all, it took about a week for them/you to answer. In addition to that, I registered on this forum, and that took even more days to be accepted sp I could log in.
So I must admit I'm very confused should I buy the software or not.

Cypheros

Sorry, we had company holydays for one week. This was published on the feedback form you used.

As soon as we were back, we answered your question.

We decided to have this price concept for a fair and easy pricing. Because we have to pay the taxes, we are free to decide the pricing.
Most (99,99%) of our customers have no problem with that.

So, why should we support you with a low price than customers from Germany, Denmark, France or other countries of the European Union?

olddroid

Because as a NON-EU resident I should not pay VAT! It's YOU earning extra money. But, OK, I'm not buying your software then.

Mam

Zitat von: olddroid am Mai 22, 2017, 11:57:21
Because as a NON-EU resident I should not pay VAT! It's YOU earning extra money. But, OK, I'm not buying your software then.

in general, you are right  ;D

Selling to Norway is free of VAT. But since the value is over 200NOK, its not tollfree too.
So for him it not only the writings to the tax office (he HAS to pay VAT internally and has to request to get it back LATER by proving that the item was sold outside the EU, this is quite a lot of paperwork), he also has to file a toll declaration.

This is quite a lot of work for, if all works well, NO money at all. If something gets wrong it can take some years and a lot of more papers until he gets back his money.
In worst case already the postal stamps he needs to send all those papers are more expensive than your VAT and maybe even the whole product.

So, dont be angry if he does not want to give this special treatment to you, a single customer simply does not yield enough revenue for this. Bring along some thousands more, he surely will be happy to serve (because the papers are the same for ONE or for a MILLION customers).

olddroid

No VAT to pay for downloaded software as it's not going through post/border.

Mam

Zitat von: olddroid am Mai 22, 2017, 17:40:30
No VAT to pay for downloaded software as it's not going through post/border.

I see, you have not the slightest idea how things work. Maybe in the land of elks, but not here.

So lets stop this. Go and buy elsewhere (if somebody is willing to sell to you at all)

Cypheros

OK, the question is answered and I close this thread.

Cypheros

www.cypheros.de