Language Edits vs Batch processing

Begonnen von latomus, März 17, 2014, 09:49:42

« vorheriges - nächstes »

latomus

Hello everybody,

I am a new user in this forum. Thank you very much for having developed TS-Doctor. Very useful, very efficient and quite user-friendly, even for users with limited knowledge and understanding of all what related to video, video files, and their structure.

I have just a basic question: when you edit several video files in a row in order to create a list of files for batch processing, it seems that all changes in language codes are dropped. After the batch has been processed, it appears that all individual files have been edited properly (ie. Parts marked for deletion actually deleted, etc.), but the language descriptors are all reverted back to the default language. So, it seems to me that the information related to the changes in languages made during editing is not stored in the batch list. It is quite surprising since all information related to deletion of parts of films (e.g. commercial ads) are duly stored and properly re-applied to each film when the batch processing is launched.

Did I miss something? Could you please tell me if I am doing wrong?

Thank you very much

Best regards

Cypheros

OK, I will check that but I guess your are right, the language settings are not stored in the batch list.

Djfe

@Cypheros to quote latomus: "quite surprising" -> probably as you are not using object oriented language, not very surprising to me:
you have to add everything individually which has to be saved in the batchlist

would be easier in an object-oriented way -> just save the parent

Cypheros

Djfe

Yeah and I don't know your code so it is probably OOP but your programm doesn't seem to be sorted in a way that would make it easy for you to save/load all data with one simple function call in the end or open several files at once

Cypheros

Yes, in this case it's a list of cutting values saved into a list of batch files. But I think I can add the missing settings.

Djfe

Batchprocessing should remember other settings as well->dialogue answers for example

latomus

Zitat von: Djfe am März 18, 2014, 22:25:52
Batchprocessing should remember other settings as well->dialogue answers for example

Thank you very much for this proposal. It would have been my next question! Batch processing is quite important to me and whatever can improve its implementation would help.

And thank you very much, Cypheros, for having acknoledged and indicated that such an improvement could be taken on board.

P

Mam

OOP is not the solution, in most situations its the most evil problem  8)

latomus

I have also noticed that there is a similar behaviour when you open a file by using "last opened". The programme will prompt you with a question asking whether you would like to reload the cutting areas, but any other settings previously set are ignored.

A question : does anybody know if there is a simple, ligthweight tool that could edit and change the langage descriptor of audio tracks and then save the video file without re-enconding the whole thing? It would be very much appreciated, since I have made extensive use of the batch processing, with all my audio tracks set to the default setting...

Thank you very much for you help.

Mam

Zitat von: latomus am März 23, 2014, 16:01:45
A question : does anybody know if there is a simple, ligthweight tool that could edit and change the langage descriptor of audio tracks and then save the video file without re-enconding the whole thing?

Yeah, it can be done with the mkvtoolnix kit, either with a gui, or, for batch purposes, there are commandline tools too.
But, one small drawback: it copies over the complete file once. But this does not take long, usually its less than 10s per film.

latomus

Zitat von: Mam am März 23, 2014, 16:24:26

Yeah, it can be done with the mkvtoolnix kit, either with a gui, or, for batch purposes, there are commandline tools too.
But, one small drawback: it copies over the complete file once. But this does not take long, usually its less than 10s per film.

Yes, thanks for this good suggestion, but does this mkvtoolnix work also for .TS files ? It seems to be closely linked to the so called matroska container?

Mam

Zitat von: latomus am März 24, 2014, 19:03:20
Yes, thanks for this good suggestion, but does this mkvtoolnix work also for .TS files ? It seems to be closely linked to the so called matroska container?

Yes and no.
It accepts TS as inputs, but you are right, the output will be always MKV. For me, thats not a problem, but ok, it may be a matter for you or somebody else.

ThaHandy

Is there a common issue / bug / future request topic?

anyhow.
some of the TS file i open i get the message: (whatever the message means)

Clicking "yes"

also this message a I get again in batch processing, holding up the batch process  ::)

also, can u add a function you want to resume on the current file after (batch)saving?

Cypheros

Change the dialog settings to get rid of the dialog. Change "Correct Video_full_range_flag" to Yes.
[attachimg=1]

The DVB specifications rule that a video stream has to be encoded with same colorspace like DVD. There is a flag in the header of H264 stream telling the color space encoding. Because DVB receivers only output DVB compliant color space and ignoring the flag, it can cause wrong colors if you play back a DVB recording on a PC. Video_full_range_flag should only be set on original Bluray files.

See: http://www.cypheros.de/colspace_e.html

www.cypheros.de