Out of sync subtitles on conversion

Begonnen von charos, Januar 23, 2016, 14:35:55

« vorheriges - nächstes »

charos

Hi,

I imported a ts file (E2 recording) , cut commercials manually (auto doesn't work) and saved the ts file with exported srt subtitles. Although I always get critical errors (http://pastebin.com/eq9PWFM2) . Opening ts in player (pot player) everything is good with subs. Once I use any program (eg. Handbrake) to make it an mkv file, subtitles are out of sync.  Not offset timing, but totally out of sync - probably from dropped frames. But how come in ts everything is ok and once I try any conversion it goes crazy with subtitles?

Cypheros

Zitattotally out of sync - probably from dropped frames

Yes, I guess you are right. But what can we do to make software work created by others?
A good transport stream has buildin timers to make sure everything is in sync. If handbrake or other tools are ignoring this timers, there is nothing we can do.

charos

Thanks for the reply.
I though the dropped frames cleanup was part of the ts doctor process during the preparation - apparently I was wrong!
Will try to find another encoder that respects the transport stream sync!

Djfe

you could try the following thing, which may or may not work out:

fix the transportstream with the TSD, but go to the settings first and set it so that the TSD resets the timecode to 0 all the time (correction behaviour -> Patch every time)

after that use the tool open source subtitle edit (you can find it online), open the .srt file, open the corresponding video file
and then sync the subtitles to the stream

after that: use Handbrake to encode your movie with the synced subtitles

if it's now out of sync then the transportstream probably has errors that make it harder to stay in sync, because generally Handbrake was build to respect timecodes

a tip: use Handbrake's nightlies and not the stable versions ;) (because unless you encount issues, the nightly should work fine)

hopefully that helped :)

charos

Thanks for the suggestion. However I figured out that XMedia Recode that is based on FFMPEG ao. libraries , does the job nicely. So Handbrake and others have a bad implementation of this sync. In fact, I discovered that XMedia Recode is the best overall app for encoding!

Mam

Zitat von: charos am Januar 24, 2016, 14:58:06
In fact, I discovered that XMedia Recode is the best overall app for encoding!
Encode more and you will soon find out, how wrong you are... but until then: good luck  ;D

charos

Of course I am open to suggestions! Wasn't into encoding until I decided to keep an archive and store it on Plex!

www.cypheros.de