V3.0.8 won't pin to taskbar

Begonnen von jaydear, Januar 26, 2020, 21:27:24

« vorheriges - nächstes »

jaydear

I've always had TSD pinned to the taskbar and noticed that v3 un-pins itself and any other version that's pinned when a new v3.x.x is installed. Not a huge problem, but v3.0.8 has taken a further step and can't be pinned at all. Can you fix that please?
The.Doctor is the ants' pants :)

Cypheros

I'm afraid I have no idea what is causing this. I will try to reproduce it. What Windows version do you use?

jaydear

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
16GB RAM       500GB SSD
Windows 8.1 64-bit build 9600
1920x1080 @ 59Hz - 32bpp

When I get a chance I'll reboot and see if that changes this new 'failure to pin'.  The removal of currently pinned TSD versions started with v3... for me at least.

jaydear

I don't know what happened. It was no good yesterday and today it's normal ???

Mam

Zitat von: jaydear am Januar 29, 2020, 02:03:03
I don't know what happened. It was no good yesterday and today it's normal ???
Yeah, that's the way it is: "sometimes you lose, sometimes the others win..."  8)

jaydear

It's just happened again with v3.0.9! I can now see that when I install a new v3.x.x version the previous version's icon on the taskbar becomes plain white. Because it is still there, though unrecognisable, another one can't be pinned (of course). If I click on the pinned white icon it just disappears and I can then pin the new one. I'd prefer it just stayed there like it used to. And sorry, but I think I tricked myself somehow on the 29th of Jan

tsduser

Sorry, but that's the way it always behaved, I'm afraid...
You can circumvent the nuisance by setting up your own desktop shortcut to tsdoctorX.exe, and pin that one to the taskbar.

jaydear

It never happened to me in v1 or v2... I never had to re-pin to the taskbar after updates until v3.

Cypheros

Version 3.0 uses the same setup script as version 2.2, even the exact same setup tool WIX 3.10 developed by Microsoft.

jaydear

Sigh... I'll try on another PC when I get a chance.

jaydear

It's the same on another PC. Versions 1 and 2 don't do it.

www.cypheros.de