Cannot get TSDoctor to run (date error)

Begonnen von Reitnemrapg, Dezember 06, 2018, 15:02:05

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Reitnemrapg

Hello

As I have tons of DTV recordings to process (want to cut commercials and extra-time before & after, convert to lighter format), I would really be interested by TS Doctor, especially for its batch capabilities.
Before purchasing it, I would like to try it and check it fits with my needs.

Here comes my problem: cannot get TS Doctor to run.

I am running a DELL T3400 workstation, 8Gb RAM, with Win 7 Pro 64bits.

I downloaded trial version earlier this week, installed it but TS Doctor won't start and displays an "[Date error F007]" error message.

At first, I thought it was my fault: I realized I set incorrectly the time of the PC (was Dec, 05th, 2019...)
After setting correct time & date, I have followed the steps I found in the FAQ: http://www.cypheros.de/tsdoctor_faq_e.html#3.2

In addition, I have searched and deleted all other features in the registry and all files on installation drive related to Cypheros / TSDoctor.
After doing all this, I have reinstalled TSD, tried the whole procedure several times and always get the same result (date error).

Any idea to help me?

Cypheros

Hi, to set the date to a future date before installing a software is a very common trick to extend trial periods. After more than 20 years of developing software, I know all this tricks very well.

OK, maybe it is an accident in your case but to disclose the trial time lock prodecures and how to circumvent it, would open the doors to software piracy. We can not do so. Sorry for that.

Maybe you can try to test the TS-Doctor on another of your PCs.

Reitnemrapg

Hello

Thanks for the answer. I can understand that.
I'll look into installing TSD on another PC.
Does this mean that, if I purchase TS Doctor, I won't be able to install it on my PC? (the one I have currently problem on).

Thx

Cypheros

No, you will be able to use TS-Doctor on that PC, if you have a license file. The license file will disable all the date and time checks.
You can even use the license file on all of your PCs to have a registered TS-Doctor on all of them.

www.cypheros.de