TS Doctor 2.2.20 "has stopped working" on program exit

Begonnen von mjcass, Juli 03, 2019, 14:47:28

« vorheriges - nächstes »

mjcass

Hello,

I am unable to exit the TS Doctor program. When I try to close the program, I receive an error that the program has stopped working. I have to manually kill the process to exit the program. Any ideas on how to fix this? I am using Windows 10.

Cypheros

Hi, create a application report from the menu under Help and send it to support(at)cypheros.de

mjcass

Support contacted me and it appears the issue is related to Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). If it is disabled the issue goes away (but so does my network access). Is there a workaround or a fix for this issue?

Cypheros

Please discuss this with the technical support. As far as I know, they suggested to disable UPnP M-Search to see what the source of the problem could be. But you never told them, that the problem is gone if M-Search is disabled. I bet they will suggest to enable UPnP debug and set the debug level to 2 under Settings/Preferences/File dialog/UPnP . After a restart there should be logs created, helping to identify the source of the problem.
Maybe it also helps to disable the option "Device cache active". This prevents TS-Doctor trying to reach IPs from it's cache, that maybe are no longer available. Depending on your Windows settings, the timeout for that could be long and as this is done in separate tasks, one task could hang (still waiting for response) and prevent TS-Doctor from closing.

mjcass

Thank you for your response. After years with this problem, it appears to be resolved. Thank you. Here is what worked:

Settings-->Preferences-->File dialog-->UPnP-->(1) Uncheck "IPv4 M-Search"; (2) Check "Prefer IPv6"; (3) Set "Debug level" to "2".

After those changes, the program functions properly on my Windows 10 system.

www.cypheros.de