Text corruption in Preferences/Files

Begonnen von jaydear, Mai 15, 2017, 21:11:00

« vorheriges - nächstes »

jaydear

In v2.0.74 beta there are a couple of bits of text obscured in Preferences/Files. The lower bit "...g info file" seems to be selectable so it might be turning an unseen 'x' on and off  ::)
The.Doctor is the ants' pants :)

Cypheros

jaydear

Windows 8.1, 64bit, i7-4700HQ @ 2.4GHz, 16Gig ram  :-*

Cypheros

OK, I'll check it. Do you use newest graphiccard drivers?

jaydear

This is from your log...
TSDoctor.exe V 2.0.74 beta (Build 04424A)
System memory: 15.89 GB / Free: 12.2 GB
Used memory  : 149.46 MB
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (DISPLAY1) nvumdshim.dll 9.18.13.2683
CPU type     : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
CPU count    : 8
CPU usage    : 10%
Resolution   : 1680 x 1050 (32Bit) 96 DPI
Monitors     : 1
Supported TS source filter found  : TS Doctor FileSource (on)
Supported splitter filter found   : Haali Media Splitter, LAV Splitter
Supported audio filter found      : [LAV Audio Decoder]
Supported Mpeg video filter found : [LAV Video Decoder]
Supported H264 video filter found : [LAV Video Decoder], Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder
Supported video renderer found    : Video Renderer, Haali Video Renderer, Enhanced Video Renderer

What that doesn't tell you is that it is a laptop PC with an nVidia GEFORCE 750m video 'card' with an HDMI output connected to an external monitor with a DVI input. It is reliant on drivers from the PC maker, and I learnt the hard way that it is a very bad idea to go to nVidia's website and let them install the latest drivers. Even Micro$oft will occasionally put a new driver in their suggested updates list and that will bork the machine too. I have trouble understanding how nVidia and M$ take no notice of the fact it is a laptop with "special needs".

As far as I can tell from visiting Asus' website, the driver I have is the original and the one and only one that will work properly. I have no 'issues' with any programs I use which include several each of graphics, video editing, video playing, text editors, etc.

I assumed the minor corruption I was seeing in TSD was just a tiny programming glitch with a line of text being overlaid by another due to a missing line return or whatever.

jaydear

In checking my previous post I realise that I forgot about the myriad complications of PC graphics. This laptop uses it's Intel graphics for all display tasks. It is possible to use the nVidia graphics for some programs, but I have never had much success with that so I don't try it any more. There is a Mini Display Port on this laptop but I've never been able to force my Samsung monitor to use it through the expensive MDP to DVI adaptor I bought :(  I don't play any games on this machine so it's probably no big deal :-\

The Intel graphics driver situation is the same - I only use the driver that ASUS provides. On closer inspection I saw that your log only mentions the Intel graphics and doesn't list the driver version.

The nVidia graphic card is pretty much only used for it's speedy CUDA capabilities when I'm rendering video. Anyway, I'm open to suggestions to improve my graphics performance, but I think it's probably adequate for video editing and rendering.

Here's deeper graphics info from Speccy...

Intel HD Graphics 4600
Manufacturer   Intel
Model   HD Graphics 4600
Device ID   8086-0416
Revision   7
Subvendor   ASUStek Computer Inc (1043)
Current Performance Level   Level 0
Voltage   0.881 V
Driver version   10.18.10.3308
Count of performance levels : 1
Level 1 - "Perf Level 0"

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M