Couple of newbie questions - Sound in preview; Skip forward/back options...

Begonnen von rappel, März 13, 2017, 19:10:27

« vorheriges - nächstes »

rappel

I can't find anything obvious in the help or forum. Unfortunately My German isn't quite good enough to search the German areas so apologies if any of these are there.

I'm using a trial of the current version. I've installed the LAV codecs through the default setup and these are selected in the preview preferences tab. Play sound is also checked in the General preference tab. I'm Windows 7 user, patched up to date.

The video edits seem fine and play correctly in numerous players. When I've tried it on recordings that have been problematic with other products TS Doctor seems to be able to cope and produce files that all players play correctly, rather than the more forgiving ones. A Real plus.

However a few things have come up in my testing.

1) There is no sound in the prepare cutting function, when previewing the video. Sound is not muted, setup is as above. I find having sound helps me to locate cut points so lack of sound not so good.
Is this normal behaviour? A limitation of the trial version? or do I have a problem? If so, any suggestions would be good.

2) Skip forward/back. Are there any other undocumented jump times than 1, 10 secs and 1 minute? It must be the way I try to find ad breaks but with long programs the mouse controls aren't particularly accurate and I just seem to spend a lot of time pressing keys. Probably me...

3) Many of my recordings have both AAC/LC and HE-AAC/LC soundtracks. Having read the descriptions of both on a number of sites, I can't work out which one to get rid of. Is one  better quality than the other?

Thanks.

Lz150

:( Sorry, images didn't work.
See next answer

Lz150

Zitat von: rappel am März 13, 2017, 19:10:27
1) There is no sound in the prepare cutting function, when previewing the video. Sound is not muted, setup is as above. I find having sound helps me to locate cut points so lack of sound not so good.
Is this normal behaviour? A limitation of the trial version? or do I have a problem? If so, any suggestions would be good.
I am using the trial version too and don't have a problem with the sound. It just plays with the preview. My Record is with MPEG2-Audio.
Perhaps you can try to change the audio-track with the speaker-symbol?
[attachimg=1]
Zitat
2) Skip forward/back. Are there any other undocumented jump times than 1, 10 secs and 1 minute? It must be the way I try to find ad breaks but with long programs the mouse controls aren't particularly accurate and I just seem to spend a lot of time pressing keys. Probably me...
I use the mouse-pointer on the timeline to jump to any position and it works realy quick.
If this won't help you, try the [attachimg=2] button which gives you muliple tumbnails all over your recording.
Zitat
3) Many of my recordings have both AAC/LC and HE-AAC/LC soundtracks. Having read the descriptions of both on a number of sites, I can't work out which one to get rid of. Is one  better quality than the other?
Sorry I can't tell you which one is better because it depands on the bitrate. If content is the same and both versions sound goot in my ears, I just keep the one with the lower bitrate and switch off the other.

I hope this helps you a little, as I am also only newbie.

rappel

Thanks for your response, most helpful.

re sound, for some reason the program was defaulting to the HE-AAC/LC track. This wasn't working in the preview, switching it as you suggested gave me sound, so that one's sorted.

Re keyboard controls, I realised that my issue was that the manual doesn't give you any key to skip forward/back 10 seconds so I was mousing for 10 seconds or hitting s a lot! Took me a while to work out it was Z and <shift>Z - presumably for Zehn.

Still don't understand the practical difference in the two audio tracks.

Cypheros

The second audio track is probably used for a second language from time to time. Maybe in case of a missing alternative language, the track is muted.

www.cypheros.de