Fixed file needs fixing again

Begonnen von jaydear, Dezember 05, 2016, 23:33:19

« vorheriges - nächstes »

jaydear

I just fixed a file and loaded it in TSD2.0.61 which said it needs fixing! I didn't let it do that though (mainly because it would take too long). I haven't had this happen before, but then I don't usually have to fix many files. We're having some glitches here lately  :(
The.Doctor is the ants' pants :)

Cypheros

There is a PCR jump in the stream. For an unknown reason the broadcaster switched the PCR during the recording. Maybe a device in the playout center was defective and the stream was switched over to another device with another PCR.
Because the PCR is very important, it's wise to repair the recording before cutting.

jaydear

Yes, I get that, but why didn't TSD fix it the first time through? I had already fixed the file in TSD.

Cypheros

PCR jumps are tricky and sometime can not be fixed together with a cut because a cut needs valid PCR values. That's the reason for the message and the recommendation to fix the file first.

jaydear

OK, I think I'm missing something here. Sorry if I'm being annoying. Here's what happened...

01. Disconnect 1TB drive from PVR and connect to PC via USB3 socket
02. Start TSD.
03. Select the recording of interest.
04. TSD then commences analysis of the several .ts files.
05. TSD halts during PCR check with the Invalid Timer Jump message. (tsd1.jpg)
06. I connect a second 1TB drive.
07. I click Yes to "Create a new corrected file now".
08. Analysis finishes and "Select filename" window opens.
09. I enter a filename and click "Save".
10. Progress window opens with "Cleaning transport stream" displayed. Took about 7 minutes for 11GB. (tsd2.jpg)
11. TSD then shows where 2 x Stream Errors error occurred. (tsd3.jpg)
12. I open the preview and play it - It looks clean.
13. I close the Preview and Stream Error windows.
14. TSD closes the original .ts files and a Confirm window opens asking "Open fixed file?"
15. I select Yes and analysis starts again.
16. TSD halts during PCR check with a new Invalid Timer Jump message. (tsd4.jpg)
17. I click Yes to "Create a new corrected file now".
18. Analysis finishes and "Select filename" window opens.
19. I enter a filename and click "Save".
20. Progress window opens with "Cleaning transport stream" displayed. It was slower this time. (tsd5.jpg)
21. TSD closes the new single .ts file and a Confirm window opens asking "Open fixed file?"
22. I select Yes and analysis starts again.
23. This time the analysis finishes successfully.

Is this normal or is TSD having trouble fixing all the errors on the first pass? Note that I didn't cut the file until after all this repairing was over. I don't get many problem files thank goodness.

ErichV

Zitat von: jaydear am Dezember 09, 2016, 06:00:30
Is this normal or is TSD having trouble fixing all the errors on the first pass? Note that I didn't cut the file until after all this repairing was over. I don't get many problem files thank goodness.

I also had such a problematic file among my recordings.
Under rare circumstances you may need to run one or more additional passes to fix all errors.
1 x Humax ESD-160S, 1x TechniSat TechniBox S4, 2x TechniSat Skystar USB 2 HD CI, Nvidia Shield TV Media Streaming Player, TS Doctor 4.0.38, DVBViewer Pro 7.2.5.0 mit DVBViewer Media Server 3.2.5.0

Mam

Yeah, the "clou" is that the Doc can only fix ONE error of these kind per run.
(or, to be true, I dont know if it COULD BE MORE CLEVER, but for now it is this way).

In the very rare case that your recording contains X of them, you need to run  it X times for repair before you really can start doing something sane.

And if I look at your screenshot, I think you have at least 3-5 areas where this can have happened. Better fix your recording equipment to produce fewer errors.

jaydear

Ah! OK. I thought it would just clean up everything in one pass. Thank you Mam and EricV.

ErichV

You're welcome.
If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.  ;)
1 x Humax ESD-160S, 1x TechniSat TechniBox S4, 2x TechniSat Skystar USB 2 HD CI, Nvidia Shield TV Media Streaming Player, TS Doctor 4.0.38, DVBViewer Pro 7.2.5.0 mit DVBViewer Media Server 3.2.5.0

www.cypheros.de