(UK) Ch4 AC3 filter

Begonnen von PerryM, November 27, 2017, 12:57:33

« vorheriges - nächstes »

PerryM

So (for the sake of experiment) I recorded 6 Ch4 films this weekend. The result was that ALL worked on the AC3 filter! (all had 5.1 audio track)
I wanted to say that something must have changed on Ch4 transmissions, but for the sake of completeness I have to report that Windows 10 had a major update during this week.
As I mentioned, I no longer have the raw files that didn't work so it may have to remain a mystery!

PerryM

Reading Cypheros explanation does now spur one possible explanation:
A few weeks ago when I noticed the 'problem' - Ch4 was very short of commercials late at night when most films are transmitted, so the commercial breaks were very short. It is thus quite possible that a few random samples didn't happen to hit a single one. They now have lots of Christmas commercials so the breaks are much longer.
Just a thought.

Mam

Zitat von: PerryM am Dezember 04, 2017, 11:29:19
It is thus quite possible that a few random samples didn't happen to hit a single one. They now have lots of Christmas commercials so the breaks are much longer.
Just a thought.

If you think this might be the problem, you can enlarge the numbers of samples taken in the options. This will slightly encrease scan time of course, but may also produce better results in detecting smaller breaks.

If you still kept a problematic recording, you can play a bit with it and keep doubling the value until you are pleased with the outcome. If the scantime becomes too long, you can still decide which value to use.

There will be always a tradeoff somewhere  :'(

@Cypheros:
Maybe you should add a new list to the doc. Users could select their prefered scantype for a certain channel. If there is an entry in the list, the autocheck is skipped, instead the user's filter is instantly run on loading a new file. I also have that "problem" on Servus TV HD, the autocheck always select the EPG Filter, but its useless, you need to run VA on this channel for better results. So a "manual overwrite" would be a nice thing to have...

ErichV

Zitat von: Mam am Dezember 04, 2017, 18:05:37
Maybe you should add a new list to the doc. Users could select their prefered scantype for a certain channel. If there is an entry in the list, the autocheck is skipped, instead the user's filter is instantly run on loading a new file. I also have that "problem" on Servus TV HD, the autocheck always select the EPG Filter, but its useless, you need to run VA on this channel for better results. So a "manual overwrite" would be a nice thing to have...

I'll second that.  :)
1 x Humax ESD-160S, 1x TechniSat TechniBox S4, 2x TechniSat Skystar USB 2 HD CI, Nvidia Shield TV Media Streaming Player, TS Doctor 4.0.37, DVBViewer Pro 7.2.5.0 mit DVBViewer Media Server 3.2.5.0

Cypheros

Version 2.1 will have that.

Mam

Zitat von: Cypheros am Dezember 05, 2017, 01:49:16
Version 2.1 will have that.
:-*
And when are we supposed to have 2.1 ?   ;D 

Cypheros

Yes somewhere in the future  :)

www.cypheros.de