Problem - No subtitle found in TRP file

Begonnen von markwong, August 18, 2017, 16:40:33

« vorheriges - nächstes »

markwong

I am a licensed user of TS-Doctor 2. I use TS-Doctor to handle TRP files which contain both English and Chinese subtitles. TS-Doctor can successfully identity both subtitles in almost all my files. But there is one file that TS-Doctor shows no subtitle but it actually contains two subtitles. I put that TRP file in my NAS so you can download and investigate why your software failed to identify the subtitles. Here is the link to the file (about 2.1 GB):
http://markwong.homedns.org/temp/subtitle_problem.trp

Although this is just a rare case, I do hope you can solve the problem so that your software can work better. Hope to hear from you soon.

Mam

there is a very simple explanation for your "problem" (see attached screenshot):

the subs you are searching for, do not exist. They are "burned in", or you can call them "hardcoded". They are not send seperately in a different stream, but are fixed part of the picture. The TSDoc cannot extract these, actually I dont know any program that could. You would need to do a full pic ocr to get them but you doing this would also give you any signs or writing that randomly appear in the film. No good.

Sorry, but this is no bug, its a feature  8)

(but a bug is that this forum does not accept previews of attachments anymore  ??? FIXIT BOSS! FAST!)

Cypheros

You are wrong Mam, there are two additional DVB subtitle streams (beside the "burned in" subtitles) that are not identified because the packets of this streams are very rare, less than 1% of the file and no PMT exists to advertize them.

841   (0349): 91%  = H264 Video (PES_StreamID E0 = Video_Stream_0) {00000001} [PCR,PTS,DTS]
843   (034B): 4%   = AC3 Audio (PES_StreamID BD = Private_Stream_1) {0B778C34} [PTS][PESLength]
842   (034A): 4%   = AC3 Audio (PES_StreamID BD = Private_Stream_1) {0B77B2DC} [PTS][PESLength]
846   (034E): 0%   = Subtitles (PES_StreamID BD = Private_Stream_1) {20000F10} [PTS][PESLength]
845   (034D): 0%   = Subtitles (PES_StreamID BD = Private_Stream_1) {20000F10} [PTS][PESLength]
8191  (1FFF): 1%   = NULL

Next version will have a extented search grid to find and identify even rare packets.

markwong

Thanks very much for your rapid follow-up and clear explanation of the underlying problem. As I mentioned before, this is a rare case. I had used TS-Doctor to handle the subtitles of many files. This is the only file with problem. Hope the improved version will be available soon.

markwong

Mam, I am sorry that you were misled by the front part of the file. You really tried to help and I appreciated your effort. Always nice to have someone step out to help. I am sure you are rewarded with experience and truth every time you give a helping hand. Thanks!

Cypheros

OK, new version 2.0.89 is online and should find your missing subtitles.

markwong

:) Great, It works! I finally extracted the two subtitles using the updated version. How efficient! Thanks a lot.

Cypheros

Anders M Olsson

I wonder if this problem might be related: ?

All the Disney channels in Sweden (Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD) have four sets of teletext subtitles:
Page 690 Swedish
Page 691 Norwegian
Page 692 Danish
Page 693 Finnish

But TS Doctor (2.0.102) only extracts page 693, which is a full Finnish translation of the programme (typically a few hundred subtitles during the course of a show).

The other three only contain around 8 or 10 subtitles each with the dubbing credits at the end of each show.

Now here's the strange part: If I use TS Doctor to trim the extra recording time before and after a programme, and reload the edited version back into TS Doctor, then pages 690, 691 and 692 suddenly show up. I then run "save new file" again to create a third copy of the show - and all four pages are extracted correctly as .srt files.

Any comments? Anything to do about it?

www.cypheros.de