It is not possible to edit longer videos

Begonnen von takamine, Dezember 25, 2015, 00:10:00

« vorheriges - nächstes »

takamine

I found problem with editing of the TS files which has time more than 26 hours. For example I recorded during 23-24.12 one file by VLC from one channel cca 28:41 hours.
This file is showed in VLC correctly(cca 28:41 hours) but in TS doctor is showed only cca 2:10 hours. The same 2:10 showed MPC and next players too.
Where is problem - is known? Is this some limitation in system files or VLC failure? Is this possible correct in TS Doctor?
The same problem is with TS files from secure camera. The files over 26 hours is not possible edit.

note. When is use TS cleaning of this big file progress window shows correct time to 26h (see pics). After this time is jump in progress window to 0h and counting only to 2:10 hours(showed in below line - original duration).

Thank you a lot for your reply

Cypheros

Hi, TS-Doctor as many other tools is able to handle up to 26.5 hours because the timers in MPEG transport streams have 33bit at a clock of 90kHz.

Derrick

There has to be a 2nd regular PCR wrap within a recording >26,5h. TSD sees that probably as an error and tries to fix it. Cut off a piece with the raw cutter and try again.

(33bit PCR runs with 90KHz)

/edit
..the boss was faster ;) merry Xmas  :-*

takamine

Thank you for information.

But VLC can run files >26,5h. VLC have to some SW improvements for 33Bit limitation. 
Is that improvement possible implement in TS doctor too?

Thank you in advance

Merry Xmas   :)

Cypheros

Derrick

Zitat von: takamine am Dezember 25, 2015, 10:16:08

But VLC can run files >26,5h.

..so can your TV. It can run until it breaks ;)

For cutting and editing ts_files pcr_wraps have to be removed.

takamine

Maybe, but this is a rare case

Ok, I don't have idea how complicated sw algorithm is for that made.

Derrick

It's the way TSD works. All files are normalized to a continuous time lime starting with 0. A wrap around in the system clock counter within the recording is eliminated. The longest continuous time without wrap is defined by the mpeg2 specifications (ISO 13818) -> 26,5h

takamine

ok, now it´s clear for me :) Do you know how this limitation solved VLC?

Cypheros

No, but it's not that difficult to playback such a file as to try to fix problems and cut such files. If you setup a cut at 01:10:12.000 you have two or more positions where the timers have this value in such a big file.

Derrick

..you would get the correct position if you take the byte offset instead of the time code ;)

www.cypheros.de