Subtitles not being extracted and saved

Begonnen von jaydear, August 05, 2019, 05:33:50

« vorheriges - nächstes »

jaydear

Subtitles are the most mysterious things! According to MKVtoolnix, the .TS files I get from TSD have an SRT subtitle stream. I know they are actually there because I successfully mux them into finished files with MKVtoolnix.

In TSD I have "Extract DVB subtitles (srt format)" selected and in "SRT formatting" I have a bunch of default stuff selected, but I do not get any .srt files from TSD. Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

What I'm wanting to do is be able to delete the huge .TS files that I'm really only keeping for the SRT streams and it would be great if TSD would save them for me which it seems to offer as an option.
The.Doctor is the ants' pants :)

Mam

even having a subtitle stream does not garantee that there are subtitles at all  :-*

There is a rather large properbility that this stream is "emtpy", aka, does not contain anything.
And this "anything" is then exported by the doc which yields a 0 byte SRT file (which is then not produced at all).

So make sure that your recording REALLY contains subs. Play it and look for subs. Then we can think further about your problem.

jaydear

I 100% know the subs are actually there because I successfully mux them into the edited files with MKVtoolnix.

Mam

Zitat von: jaydear am August 05, 2019, 10:34:39
I 100% know the subs are actually there because I successfully mux them into the edited files with MKVtoolnix.
Sorry, this means 100% nothing  ;D

What I mean is that subtitles can be empty or, think about "forced subs", very rare (sometimes only a single line throughout the whole movie).
Of course these also use a stream, but you wont see much of them.

So pls make sure that the subs that you are looking for, really appear every few seconds or so.

jaydear

They keep pace with the spoken words.
Everything I play them on can display them.
MKVtoolnix can mux them.
TSD shows the stream as present and it's language.
I'll fiddle with some settings.

jaydear

I've sorted it. I don't understand it, but I'm getting files. Mysterious.

www.cypheros.de