Video conversion of HD.TS file for DVD

Begonnen von PerryM, November 06, 2017, 18:33:02

« vorheriges - nächstes »

PerryM

I wonder if I could bend your collective ears!
I have occasionally the need to down-res an HD .ts file (as fixed by TS Doctor) into an MPEG2 file for DVD production. My preferred DVD Author needs demuxed video & audio components. When I record SD .ts files, I run them through ProjectX to demux and that works fine.
I am struggling to find a video conversion app (Win 10, preferably free) that will convert an HD (h.264) .ts file to a file that ProjectX will accept without hundreds of timing errors. I have been trying Avidemux but to no great success. A conversion app that directly produces the demuxed MPEG2 components would be ideal.
Any ideas gratefully received.
thanks

ErichV

I'm afraid that you will not find a freeware solution because the h.264 video stream must be re-encoded for DVD production without harming the *.ts container/file.
1 x Humax ESD-160S, 1x TechniSat TechniBox S4, 2x TechniSat Skystar USB 2 HD CI, Nvidia Shield TV Media Streaming Player, TS Doctor 4.0.37, DVBViewer Pro 7.2.5.0 mit DVBViewer Media Server 3.2.5.0

Cypheros

The problem is, if you have reception errors in the stream most converters will fail, even the most expensive.

My recommendation is to avoid conversion of TS recordings.

PerryM

thanks guys. I used Handbrake to get a very acceptable MPEG2 file, but it has to be in an MPEG4 container. I cannot find anything that will demux it.

www.cypheros.de