Language descriptors

Begonnen von latomus, November 01, 2014, 15:33:13

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Cypheros

Could you upload a short sample recording to my FTP server or if it's under 20 MBytes to my email address?

Support (et) cypheros.de

FTP detail via PM.

latomus

FTP detail via PM??? what is PM? (sorry for stupid question... managed to find the ftp details where indiacated!)

Cypheros

Private Message is a function of this board. If you login, you should get an info about a new private message.

latomus

Thank you very much Cypheros for fixing this. It works perfectly now.

For the second question of the intial post, I would suggest an improvement in the user interface. Would it be possible to add, somewhere in the "settings/preferences/correction behaviour" menu a section below "default language" (eg called "most frequently used langauges") that would allow users to indicate 3 frequent languages of audio tacks (in case, I would like to indicate French, English and Romanian).

Additionally, would it be possible in the "stream properties" dialog box to have 3 radio buttons, labelled with the ISO codes of these three frquently used languages,  that would allow to indicate in just one click the language of the audio track in question. It would save a lot of time, since, currently, you have to click in the "language" combobox, type the first letters of the language and click in the list the language. As I have indicated in the initial post, if the audio track is in English, typing "EN" in the combobox box lead you to a language called "English-based (Other)", obliging you to scroll down further to find "English" with the appropriate ISO code.

Thanks a lot

Pierre M.

Cypheros

Hi, I will try to consider your proposals for the further development.
In the meantime I'll change the order of the list. If you enter "en" you will get a more appropriate result. Please wait for the next version.

www.cypheros.de