Language descriptors

Begonnen von latomus, November 01, 2014, 15:33:13

« vorheriges - nächstes »

latomus

Hello,

Some simple questions about how to set language descriptors.

1. I put "French" as TS-DOCTOR language default, but all audio streams of videos recorded with my CTECH-6600 are flagged as "German"... As I record videos through DVB-T, and DVB-S equally, I suppose that when I see there "German", TS-DOCTOR has used a sort of default language... How can I have "French" or any other language as default languages??? Have I missed somethig important?
2. When I try to change the language descriptor in the "stream properties" pop-up window, I enter the letters "e" and "n" in order to select "English" in the combobox, but I first find a language named "English-based (Other)" and, then, I have to scroll down to see just "English" and select it. Is there any direct access to "English" possible? And how?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Pierre M.

Djfe

settings-> 3rd tab-> default (track) language
[attachimg=1]

latomus

Thank you very much for your detailed explanations.

As indicated in the first part of my initial post, I already set "French" as default language... Hence my questions.

Best

P.

Djfe

Well I thought you were talking about the language that you have set for the GUI...

Can you post a log, pls?

latomus

Hi Djfe,

There was obviously a misunderstanding about what I meant by "default language". Sorry for that.

What kind of log do you mean? The one produced when a new file is saved? Since I am a newbie here, could please me if there is any post in this forum explaining how to produce such logs and how to publish them onto the forum?

Thx a lot

Pierre M.

Djfe

below the editor you can attach files
and you can generate such logs by checking/saving/fixing a file (like you said already)

latomus

Cypheros

Change Default language to French and your problems are gone.
[attachimg=1]

In your case there is no language descriptor in the recording and TS-Doctor doesn't know what language it is. That's what the setting "Default Language" is for.

latomus

Dear Cypheros,

As indicated in the initial post, I had already changed the default language to French. So, I a ms tille wondering what I might have screwed up...

(I would have like to attached a JPEG of the screen concerned, but I receive an error message saying "HTTP Error 403 Forbidden / You don't have permission to access /index.php?action=post2;start=0;board=7 on this server. Your computer may be infected with a virus or a trojan. The Firewall has determined that you: Hacking attempt has been blocked! If you get this message in error, please contact the ADM1N and provide the date and time of this message.")

I just had my Avira scan the wholesystem, but it did not discover any viruses or trojans... pfff!

Thx

Pierre M.

Cypheros

Sorry, maybe the forum firewall is a bit overacting. We have to create a protection against the hundreds of hacking attempts every day, that sometimes creating problems.

latomus

As a former IT professional, I cannot blame anyone for appying strict security policies. No worry!

However, I would like to know if you have an idea of the problem I am experiencing. French has been selected as default language, but I have still German as language of all audio tracks when I open a video file for repair and/or additional work in TS-DOCTOR...

Best

P.

Cypheros

OK, checked your log again and found this:

----------- PMT 0 -----------
Packet                   : $00000001
PacketCount              : 1
PID                      : $00B1
Table ID                 : 2
Section Syntax Indicator : 1
PMT Size                 : 63
Pointer Field            : 0
Section Length           : 55
Program Number           : $0001
Version Number           : 0
Current Next Indicator   : 1
Section Number           : 0
Last Section Number      : 0
PCR PID                  : $0937

Program Info Length      : 0

Stream Type    : 2
  Description    : ITU-T Rec. H.262 | ISO/IEC 13818-2 Video | ISO/IEC 11172-2 constr. parameter video stream
  Elementary PID : $0937
  ES Info Length : 0

Stream Type    : 4
  Description    : ISO/IEC 13818-3 Audio
  Elementary PID : $0938
  ES Info Length : 6
  ES Info        : $0A, $04, $64, $65, $75, $00
  ES Info Text   : __deu_

Stream Type    : 4
  Description    : ISO/IEC 13818-3 Audio
  Elementary PID : $0939
  ES Info Length : 6
  ES Info        : $0A, $04, $64, $65, $75, $00
  ES Info Text   : __deu_

Stream Type    : 6
  Description    : ITU-T Rec. H.222.0 | ISO/IEC 13818-1 PES packets containing private data (Subtitle)
  Elementary PID : $093B
  ES Info Length : 10
  ES Info        : $59, $08, $64, $65, $75, $10, $00, $01, $00, $01
  ES Info Text   : Y_deu_____

CRC32                    : $51FB9F17 = $51FB9F17
-----------------------------

Found 1 different PMTs

You see "deu" as in Deutsch (German). This is what the broadcaster is transmiting. It's not the first time, this informations are wrong but the TS-Doctor has no chance  to verify if this information is valid or not.

latomus

Dear Cypheros,

Thank you very much for your help. If I understand you well, based on what you saw in the log.file, your conclusion is that these audio tracks are indeed labelled as "ger".

I have to perform additional testing, since the file from which the log has been taken is not the file that comes directly from my SettopBox, but from TS-DOCTOR : my settopbox is equipped with a hard disk formated in DOS and delivers movies in parts of about 2 gigs max, that I have to merge using the function "open multiple files". So, it is impossible for me to know what the content of the files produced by the set top box is.

Will  kep you informed

P.

Cypheros

ZitatSo, it is impossible for me to know what the content of the files produced by the set top box is.

Just open the first file of such a recording with the TS-Doctor and you will find the original PMT from the settop box in the log. There is only one exception. If you see a "PMT-Rebuild" after opening the file, the PMT was generated by TS-Doctor because of a missing or invalid PMT.

PMT Rebuild looks like this:
[attachimg=1]

latomus

I have done so. Please find attached another log (corresponding to what TS-DOCTOR has found in the first file, here xxx.TRP)

I think that 50% of the problem is on my side. I have also a media center (a PC equipped with Seven 64 bits and a TV card from HAUPPAUGE). Here, the hard disk is formatted in NTFS and all recordings are captured in one big file.

When I open such recordings with TS-DOCTOR, I can see all the details of the video files and its tracks in TS-DOCTOR's main screen (once again, I cannot join BMP pictures). Here, I can see that the first audio track is labelled as (French), the second one as (Reserved) and the third one as (qad). We can therefore conclude that if the video file contains a description of the language of audio tracks, TS-DOCTOR will not override this information.

However, if I come back to recordings captured on my set top box (CLARKETECH 6600SST), you can see in the log attached that all audio streams are labelled "Ger", although my default language for audio tracks has been set to "French" in "preferences". I am more or less sure that my set top box does not capture the information about the language of audio tracks because, when I playback such file with  SMPlayer, and when in SMPlayer I try to select another audio track, I can just see numbers (I suppose PIDs) and not the name of any language of the available audio tracks! We can therefore conclude that these recordings do not contain any information connected to language of audio tracks and, subsequently, that, in such cases, TS-DOCTOR complements the missing information not with the name of the language selected as "default" in "preferences", but with "GERMAN"... with, in my humble opinion, 50% of the problem of TS-DOCTOR side.

This is just my understanding of the problem. If you see an easy solution, I will take it anyway!

Best regards

Pierre M.

PS Sorry, but I cannot join logfiles either. Your firewall is actually prohibiting this as well

Here is an extract of the log

------------------------
  Stream Type    : 27
  Description    : AVC video stream as defined in ITU-T Rec. H.264 | ISO/IEC 14496-10 Video
  Elementary PID : $023B
  ES Info Length : 12
  ES Info        : $28, $04, $64, $00, $29, $BF, $0A, $04, $65, $6E, $67, $00
  ES Info Text   : (_d_)¿__eng_

Stream Type    : 129
  Description    : Private stream type Audio AC3 (AC3)
  Elementary PID : $023D
  ES Info        : $05, $04, $41, $43, $2D, $33, $0A, $04, $67, $65, $72, $00
  ES Info Text   : __AC-3__ger_

Elementary PID : $023C

Elementary PID : $0241

Elementary PID : $023E

Description    : ITU-T Rec. H.222.0 | ISO/IEC 13818-1 PES packets containing private data (Subtitle)
  Elementary PID : $0240

Elementary PID : $023F

www.cypheros.de