Running as scheduled task

Begonnen von jeffski10, Mai 19, 2012, 12:04:19

« vorheriges - nächstes »

jeffski10

I recently upgraded the version to the latest full build 1.2.22 and now have a problem with running within a scheduled task.

I have a batch script I run to convert all my tv recording every night, and it initially runs TSdoctor to clean up the recording before converting to an mkv.  TSdoctor seems to run ok, it creates the fixed file but it just won't close again automatically.  I reverted back to 1.1.35 and all is fine again.  I only run with the autofix parameter e.g

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypheros\TSDoctor\TSDoctor.exe"  "\\mediaserver\TV Recordings\Stand Up for the Week\Stand Up for the Week - S00E00 - 2012-05-18_23-10.ts" AUTOFIX "\\mediaserver\TV Recordings\Stand Up for the Week\Stand Up for the Week - S00E00 - 2012-05-18_23-10_fixed.ts"

Runnign interactively from a command prompt it runs and closes OK.

Any thoughts as its frustrating not being able to use the latest build. I tried running with the LOG parameter but it just creates an empty log file so no indications of what could be wrong.

Cypheros

Hi, please check the filename. Maybe there is a typo in the source filename. Checked with network files (UNK) and found no problem with the commandline processing. Application is closing but the application will not close if the source file is not found or not accessable and no message or hint is generated.
Next version will raise a "File not found" error to prevent such problems.

jeffski10

The filenames are fine.  Its creating the fixed version OK and completes as far as I can see, it just then doesn't seem to close.  if I run manually from the command line the same command completes OK. It just seems to stick after processing.

Cypheros

Try to run without the "log" parameter. There seems to be a problem with the writing of the log that could stop the closing of the application. Without the "log" parameter it works for me.

"Log" will be fixed in the next version.

jeffski10

Tried that. Also made sure I had unticked the log option within the menus. The same thing happens, it completes the fix and then just doesn't close.

I should say this is running on a windows home server 2011 in case this makes a difference.

Cypheros

It would help to know at which version the problem appeared. Could you check the older version?
http://www.cypheros.de/tsdoctor_alte_versionen_e.html

jeffski10

1.1.14 - OK
1.1.46 - OK
1.2.5 - could not download from that page
1.2.16 - Does it on this version

I also checked it wasn't to do with h.264 recordings and it does the same for standard MPEG too.

Cypheros

Sorry, 1.2.5 should work now.

jeffski10

Checked and it doesn't close on 1.2.5 either.

Cypheros

Thanks for the tests. I'll check the change logs and try to find a solution for the problem.

Reddwarf

I'm having the same problem, if I run the batch file interactivly TSDoctor closes as supposed, but not when it is started as an automated process started by the service that does my recordings. Any progress on this?

Cypheros

Thanks for the additional hint. It seems to be connected with the remote start by another program.

Reddwarf

When can we expect a fix for this problem?

Cypheros

Was not able to reproduce the problem but I did some changes to the closing procedure that will make the closing/termination of the program more reliable (hope so).

Next beta 1.2.27 is comming soon.

Reddwarf

Another thing I noticed, when I run TSDoctor in batch mode with AUTOFIX and specify an output filename, the fixed file does not get the name I specify, instead it gets the original name with _fixed added to the name.

www.cypheros.de