OCR dictionaries

Begonnen von chemag, Juli 09, 2019, 19:23:17

« vorheriges - nächstes »

chemag

Is it possible use a spanish dictionary for DVB subtitles conversion?

Is it possible to relunch the DVB Subtitle OCR process only?
If yes, how?

And OCR validation?.

Cypheros

A spanish dictionary is already implemented.
You can see all dictionaries under "C:\ProgramData\Cypheros\TsDoctor2\OCR\dictionaries".

The OCR process is not implemented as a standalone function.

The OCR validation will be started after OCR process, if activated under Settings/ Preferences/ Teletext/Subtitles.

chemag

Does that option only work with the registered program?
I am still in the evaluation period.

In my installation there is no such subdirectory.

In Settings -> Language I change to Spanish.
but after OK, TSDoctor reloads itself , and when I check it again, it has returned to English value.

Cypheros

There is no difference between full and trial version.

Please read the folder name carefully: "C:\ProgramData\Cypheros\TsDoctor2\OCR\dictionaries"

It's probably hidden in your system but you can enter the folder name into the address line of the windows file explorer.

Are you sure it's switching back to English?
Spanish translation is not complete, so parts of the captions are still in English.

chemag

>> There is no difference between full and trial version.

Ok. Thank you

Please read the folder name carefully: "C:\ProgramData\Cypheros\TsDoctor2\OCR\dictionaries"

Sorry!. You're right.

Dictionary_spa.db  and FixDictionary_spa.db among other.

>> Are you sure it's switching back to English?
>> Spanish translation is not complete, so parts of the captions are still in English.

Capture secuence:

Capture 01
Capture 02 -----  Press OK button

Popup window TSDoctor loading displaying progresion bar.

Capture 03

Capture 04   Windows Explorer directory display.

I have sent to you settings.dat via mail.

Cypheros

No problem here with Spanish language.

Try to load attached registry settings to force TS-Doctor using Spanish language.

chemag

Hello,

I think I have more usefull information.

I usually work with a user without administrator level.
I have followed your instructions and the situation remains the same.
I have changed with regedit the value to GER and SPA, and it was restored to ENG again.

As you tell me that it works for you, I have uninstalled TSDoctor again, I have reinstalled it as administrator, and
I have changed the language to Spanish and in this case it remains.

I have returned to my normal user, and it returns to restore the language to English.
I return to the administrator user and the language remains Spanish.

So the problem must be related to the permission of the user who uses the program.

One thing more.

Please, could you remind me again how to change the OCR dictionary?, it has not been clear to me yet.

Thank you

Cypheros

Hi, settings are stored under users key in the registry. If you change the user, that settings are no longer available.

Most people don't know that there is a difference if you login as admin or use "Open as administrator".

If you install TS-Doctor while logged in as admin, you have to use it as admin. If you want to use it as a "common" user, please install it as that "common" user.

But I found a strange problem with the Spanish ocr dictionary. It seams the wrong English dictionary is selected. I will check that.

chemag

It is clear that the settings are maintained in the user profile:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Cypheros \ TSDoctor2 \ Settings]

What catches my attention is that as administrator the changes in Language are maintained while changes to Language with a normal user there is no.

Likewise, Application Report works as an administrator user while it crash when I run it as  a normal user.

Cypheros

Then your normal user has not sufficient rights to change the registry. Maybe your system has special policies with reduced user rights or a software preventing registry changes.

Maybe the regkeys itself have wrong user rights. Try to uninstall TS-Doctor remove the regkey "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cypheros" with regedit and install TS-Doctor again under your "normal" user account.

Found a bug in the Spanish OCR were the wrong dictionaries were selected. Next version 2.2.22 will fix that bug and the correct dictionaries will be selected.

chemag

Done.
Removed  the regkey "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cypheros" under administrator and "normal" user.

TS-Doctor reinstalled under "normal" user.

Problem remains. Languaje is retored to ENG after changed, and Application Report crash.

Thank you very much for your interest and patience.

www.cypheros.de