Conversion to MKV

Begonnen von exTNT, April 10, 2010, 21:51:11

« vorheriges - nächstes »

exTNT

Hello, I am searching for a tool to convert TS4 files to MKV and found your SW. Installed it and it looks find but I cannot find the way how to convert the file to MKV - is this tool only available in the paid version? No problem to purchase, just want to be sure before I do.
And to make sure - the H264 video stream from within the TS4 is not being altered, it would only be demuxed from the TS4 and them merged with the audio streams into the MKV container, correct?
Thanks and best regards!

Cypheros

Hi,

in the first step you have to make the stream compatible. Just open the file and press fix. The resulting stream is a compatible transport stream file that can be viewed by most hardware and software media players.
If you want to have this stream as a mkv then you need to use the menu entry Tools/TS Format Converter.
Select the fixed transport stream file and select mkv as output format. Thats all.

Greetings
Cypheros

exTNT

Hi Cypheros, thanks for the explanation, now it works as a breeze! Just one more little question if I may: normally I used to use the GOM Player for playback of MKV files but it does not work with the MKV created by TS Doctor. Basically it plays the audio ok, but the video works like a very slow slide show. In Media Player Classic or the Windows Media Player it plays back fine however. Do you have any idea what might be wrong with the GOM playback? Thanks again!

krebs11

I heave a .ts file with aac audio codec (AAC High efficiency AAC v2@L2) and when i convert to mkv, audio its not in mkv, only video. Why? ???

Cypheros

Hi,

maybe the audiostream is not detected correctly. Do you have a short sample of such a file with AAC audio that you can send me by email?

support(at)cypheros.de

krebs11

Did you get a sample, or anything you do on this?

Cypheros

Hi,

yes have a TS sample in slovenian with High efficiency AAC v2@L2 audio. But the Haali MKV muxer, the TS-Doctor is using for the conversion, seams not to be compatible with this kind of AAC encoding.

www.cypheros.de