Sorting order

Begonnen von jaydear, November 06, 2020, 00:53:23

« vorheriges - nächstes »

jaydear

In the "Open UPNP/This PC" drive & desktop folder list, what is the sorting order based on? My USB drives show as D:\ but appear at different places in the list. Just curious ???
The.Doctor is the ants' pants :)

Cypheros

It's the order that Windows specifies and should be the same as the Windows file explorer.

jaydear

That's what I thought. Changing the sort criteria in Windows Explorer doesn't seem to affect the list in TSD though.

jaydear

I can see what's happening now :)

TSD is sorting folders, devices & drives, and network locations by their names. I don't think there is a parallel to this drive sorting scheme in Windows Explorer.

I've only noticed this recently because my drives were all  the same until one died and I replaced it with a different brand which has a different name. So now that new drive appears in a different position in the list!

I could give them new names to force a their sorting order, but I'd much prefer it if the drives were sorted by their drive letter. The reason for that is that I want to name the drives with the broadcasters' call-signs and that is going to make them appear in many different places in the list in TSD.

jaydear

I installed v3.0.30 and the first time I used it the drives were sorted by their drive letter! Hurray, I thought, but since that first run it has gone back to sorting by name :(

www.cypheros.de