Problem in timer srt file when create mp4 file from ts

Begonnen von piotr_kast, April 07, 2018, 09:42:35

« vorheriges - nächstes »

piotr_kast

Program (in newest version) has ability to extract subtitles from ts files. When I extract subtitles from original file (file is trimmed in internal editor to see only film without commercials) the synchro with subtitles is perfect - see "First pass.srt". But when I tried make mp4 file from ts file make by ts doctor I'll get asynchro video and audio. I use videoredo 5 to correct timer in file (see resukts in attached file - look at the red lines). Is there possibility that program would repair this kind of timer errors? All ts files had this kind of drift timer.

Second. When I tried extract subtitles from the trimmed file in ts doctor in previous step timer from the first subtitle jumps from 00:00:38,680 to 00:00:02,095. See "Second pass.srt". And by the way - loose one subtitle.

1. Is there possibility to correct odd timer drift in your program? If not, I understand.
2. Why (in second pass) program changes timer in subtitle file? If you didn't repair the time drift this timer cannot be touched!

Cypheros

1) Not use "TS format converter" is you have errors in the recording. Most remuxers skip wrong audio packets and you will end up with audio and video being out of sync.
TS-Doctor has a "special" remuxer under Expert Tools. The TS Remuxer will replace faulty audio packets and keep audio and video in sync. At the moment this works only for AC3 and EAC3.

2) No idea what cause the time shift. Could you post the log files of this two passes?

piotr_kast

OK. This is logs of two passes You reqested:

First pass - file trimmed ts file to only film in TS Doctor internal editor
Second pass - only rewrite file with subtitle extract.

Function TS remuxer is useless to me. This function NOT recognize any subritle stream. It only repairs video and audio errors resync, but PTS underflow errors remains. And this PTS underflow errors causing A/V shift error. See results i graphic attached file and compare it to previous.

Cypheros

Thanks for the logs. I will check that.

Yes the TS Remuxer not include subtitles yet but should produces synced audio and video. Should be able to mux subtitles later into the stream.

I have no idea what this PTS underflows mean and how Videoredo is calculating this. Maybe it's a bug in Videoredo. I don't know and do not support that tool. I never used Videoredo and never will do.

TS-Doctor is created to produce streams that are standard conform as much as possible but not to solve import problems of any of the million video tools existing.

piotr_kast

PTS underflows occur when the presentation time stamps (PTS) fall behind the system clocks in the program pack stream headers(SCR).
An MPEG (and surely H264 as I see) in TS program stream has two sets of time stamps, one for the overall file and another for each elementary audio and video stream.
The PTS underflow indicates that the bit rate for at least one of the elementary streams exceeds the overall bit rate for the entire file (SCR).
A few ( < 100) PTS underflow errors will not affect the output program. You can increase the overall bit rate to fix this problem.

What is Max PTS underflow ?
It just means there were a few frames that didn't keep up with the clock built into the TS stream.
If the number were a lot higher then you might have a glitch in your file.

And FreeSat coding television use this glitch to mess with timer inside file.

OK. Fine. As You said, I can remux file without subtitles and incorporate into file later. That's no problem. But remux repairs only problem synchro audio and video frames. And if You compare report before remux and after remux it fix some PTS underflows, which means that: if I remux file I already create async subtitle timer with video timer.

The whole idea is if I repair any time stamps in the file (no mater which), I MUST HAVE repair time stamps to the subtitle timer acordingly to the changes made in time stamps.

If you incorporate this idea to the program, there will be perfect program to repair TS files.

www.cypheros.de