EPG suggestion

Begonnen von jaydear, Januar 08, 2020, 03:52:22

« vorheriges - nächstes »

jaydear

I would be very grateful for a button that just copies the EPG into the clipboard. Ideally, this button would be located on the main menu, perhaps next to the "Check Only" button and labelled "Copy EPG".

Currently I select the listing from the "TV Guide (EPG)" line down to the last epg line, paste it into a text editor (the very clever and flexible TED) and then save it in with the off-air recording files. TED automatically saves all these files with the same title "TV Guide (EPG).txt" and this simply allows me to search dozens of recordings for overlooked programs weeks or months later using FileLocator Lite :D

It may not seem like much, but it would save me from repeatedly performing a boring though very useful task.
The.Doctor is the ants' pants :)

Cypheros

TS-Doctor should automatically create a text file with the EPG informations. Same filename as the transport stream but with the file extension .txt

jaydear

Not what I'm suggesting ::)
I'll rephrase my request and try again when I get a chance :-*

Cypheros

Please clarify what EPG data you want. I know you often create very long recordings.
A list of all shows the recording includes or the descriptions of a single show? Maybe you can post, how your final textfile looks like.

jaydear

Yes, nearly all my recordings are typically 8 to 9 hours long... 6 channels, 7 days, seperate HDD for each channel. Potentially, it's a lot of stuff to filter through and it's easy to miss something but I have my feathers numbered :D

This is all I keep from the Log that TSDr displays for each recording:

TV Guide (EPG)
Character coding table: ISO 6937 (eng)
EPG time bias (TOT AUS region 2): UTC+11:00
  8/01/2020 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM Pgm 1
  8/01/2020 7:30 PM - 8:02 PM Pgm 2
  8/01/2020 8:01 PM - 9:55 PM Pgm 3
  8/01/2020 9:54 PM - 10:26 PM Pgm 4
  8/01/2020 10:25 PM - 10:56 PM Pgm 5
  8/01/2020 10:56 PM - 11:24 PM Pgm 6
  8/01/2020 11:23 PM - 12:24 AM Pgm 7
  9/01/2020 12:23 AM - 3:02 AM Pgm 8
  9/01/2020 3:02 AM - 4:03 AM Pgm 9
I don't bother deleting the Character coding and EPG Time bias lines, but they are not needed.

TED Notepad has an option to name files from the first line of text, so all my EPG files are named "TV Guide (EPG).txt" and are saved in each folder with the relevant set of files, e.g.
000.dvr
000.ts
001.dvr
001.ts
002.dvr
002.ts
003.dvr
003.ts
info3.dvr
TV Guide (EPG).txt

If I need to search for a program it's simply a matter of making a little query in FileLocater Lite e.g.
File name: TV Guide (EPG).txt
Containing text: Pgm 3
and it will display a list of all the recordings that contain a program with that name. It is then easy to load each one in TSDr to extract what's needed.

I think you would have to agree that this is much, much faster than opening each recording in TSDr to see if the desired content can be found. The keys to this are 1. having the EPG stored as a text file with each recording, 2. having the same name for each EPG so that FileLocator Lite can scan the whole lot in one very quick pass.

Hope this helps. It works for me, but I'd appreciate it being a little easier to get the wanted bits. I suppose that ultimately the whole process I've described could be made part of TSDr ;)

Cypheros

I will see what I can do for you.

jaydear

Thanks for the new Details/Program Guide item in v3.0.8. I made a template file for TED Notepad which adds a new first line "TV Guide (EPG)" :)

Would it be possible to get TSD to automatically copy all the text in the Details/Program Guide window to the clipboard when the OK button is clicked please?  :-*

Update... No need. I found the right-click menu :-P

www.cypheros.de