stream error area is empty

Begonnen von Oldman13, Dezember 26, 2018, 16:55:07

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Oldman13

Although TSD works as expected, one issue remains. When after checking the transport stream an error is detected, there appears a window with stream error area and play. In my case, this window is empty and then, pressing play does nothing.
Why?

Cypheros

What TS-Doctor version do you use?

Could you provide a screenshot?

Oldman13

Version 2 1 47
First picture: one error present. Pressing ok yields second picture.
Picture 2: empty

Mam

as you can see from your shot #1, the "error" is so minor that it is shown in "condition green" (real errors would be red, warnings would be yellow).
This means it is a "fixable" error that wont affect your output at all.

So it is ok that it does not show up on the preview list.

(dont ask me what kind of error does this, but I am sure you can safely ignore it)

Oldman13

Still there is a red line visible at around 0.16. And during play, the error is quite noticeable.
What I discover now is that the stream error area window becomes visible after "check file only" but is absent after "save new file".

Another point might be: is an error correction possible? I once tried demuxing and muxing. The error vanished but lip sync was completely out of control. But I am not really familiar with such procedures.

Mam

(de)muxing can be kind of hard stuff. Often the Audio/Video Delay gets lost by the conversion.
Look it up BEFORE with some tool, write it down, do your muxing stuff and later on add the delay again with some tool like mkvtoolnix.

This will take you several runs for processing and you can easily get lost. But usually it will work.

But back to your error. It is within an audio channel, so I assume you hear some popping, white noise or what at that location?

Oldman13

But back to your error. It is within an audio channel, so I assume you hear some popping, white noise or what at that location?

That is not true. Even an audio error has negative effects on the video image (stuttering). However, that depends on the player used and how good its "error concealment" is. Vlc on PC is rather good, but stuttering is observable. MPC on PC is slightly worse. But error concealment is rather bad for the standard player with Kodi (Rasp Pi, Openelec, Kodi) on my TV.
Problems are also to be expected during video conversion. An audio error influences also the video part during playing.

tsduser

Plus:
Are you absolutely sure about your interpretation of the coloring in that panel, Mam?

The "error" is indeed shown in red in "Error distribution".

In my personal experience, the coloring of the counter boxes only relates to the total amount of errors and warnings. (I.e. a number of 100 Warnings will still be shown in Red, even if no "error" is detected). Unless you have access to the sources, perhaps Cypheros himself could shine some light on that.

Mam

Zitat von: tsduser am Dezember 27, 2018, 19:01:45
Plus:
Are you absolutely sure about your interpretation of the coloring in that panel, Mam?

NO  ;D

Who can be "sure" with this everchanging thingy ? ? ?  8)

Cypheros

An error is an error. If it's red is definitivly an error but one single error is not noticable in most cases because the transport stream format is used with data lost in mind. A good mediaplayer will compensate that small errors and TS-Doctor tries to minimize the problems by correcting timers, structure and important system tables.

TS-Doctor can not bring back lost data but reduce the negative effects on playpack.

If your recording has a handful of errors, that's not a problem. Only if you have a handful of errors in a very small area, you will get negative visible or hearable effects.

Oldman13

There is a difference between one single error and another.
In this specific case I cut the segment between the two I frames, closest to the error position.
During analysis still an error is reported. However, during play you miss a small part, but now there is no stuttering anymore of audio and video. The result is hardly noticeable during play, in contrast to the stuttering in the original.

www.cypheros.de