ts doctor 3x stops responding as soon as i open it.

Begonnen von wiztech34, Mai 18, 2020, 07:05:40

« vorheriges - nächstes »

wiztech34

Hi for a while now any version of ts doctor 3x just as soon as i open it it goes right away stops responding ad never responds i gotta force close it. I have to keep removing it and reinstall it every time it stops responding. I know its not my computer its a brand new built. I had windows 10 on another drive same issue. I have a m2 ssd in my computer fresh install of windows 10 on here. I use ts doctor alot and this problem is driving me nuts. When i do a uninstall i use revo uninstaller then i reinstall it but i shouldn't have to do this everytime i wanna use ts doctor. I know version 2x worked just fine no locks up or stops responding of ts doctor. Is this a bug or something? I do have the latest version 3.0.18.

Cypheros

Could you send the application report to our support to analyze the problem? support(at)cypheros.de
You can generate the application report under Help/Application report.

At what exact point it stops? Do you see the progressbar while starting the application? Does it reaches 100%?

wiztech34

Last time it did that was tonight and the other night. The other night it stopped responding as soon as i launch the program I was using videoredo i had open. I noticed that it was pinpointing to my h drive as in start in when its installed onto my c drive not sure why it was pinpoint to h i noticed this after uninstalling and reinstalling i reset the start in to c where its installed. I installed latest version of 2x one and i checked too it was pointing not my h drive. I can send you the information you want for 3x if you want it still. Its late in the usa where i am from ill send you a report in the afternoon.

Cypheros

wiztech34

Cypheros

Nothing special to explain the problems.
If the problem occures the next time you could try to use Regedit to delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cypheros\TSDoctor3\Last" where the last opened folder and last screen positions are stored.

Mam

Zitat von: Cypheros am Mai 19, 2020, 01:28:46
Nothing special to explain the problems.
If the problem occures the next time you could try to use Regedit to delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cypheros\TSDoctor3\Last" where the last opened folder and last screen positions are stored.
Because this problem seems to rise quite often here and there, it would not be a bad idea to think about a proper solution to prevent future failures.

Like: start a watchdog before trying to open the "last" folder. If the watchdog times out, silently delete the entry and continue normally.

This would give a short hang ONCE but prevent endless loops with total stops furtheron.

Cypheros

Before TS-Doctor tries zu open a folder, there is already a check if this folder exists. If not, TS-Doctor will not try to open that folder.

It's also possible, that it has nothing to do with the folder.

Mam

Zitat von: Cypheros am Mai 19, 2020, 19:16:25
Before TS-Doctor tries zu open a folder, there is already a check if this folder exists. If not, TS-Doctor will not try to open that folder.
This check is not sufficient.
You also need to check if it is READABLE. And the doc might already block whilst trying to read the folder's stats / existance.
A watchdog is still highly recommended, the internal timeout of windows network is: INFINITE (or, at least, close to this).

www.cypheros.de