DVB Subtitle Streams

Begonnen von igyorgy, Januar 20, 2016, 12:43:28

« vorheriges - nächstes »

igyorgy

Hello,

Having used version 1.2 for more than three years with great satisfaction recently I have upgraded to 2.0. Among others I used to record and process Unitel Classica HD programs. This channel uses 6 DVB subtitle streams in 6 languages. When I load the recording into TS Doctor only 4 of 6 are shown. I can disable those I do not need, but the remaining two which cannot be seen cannot be disabled, these will be part of the fixed .TS file With the new DVB to SRT function all these 4 are processed (if this option was selected). One of them is Korean, and to process this takes really a lot of time resulting in garbage in the SRT file.

[attachimg=1]

It would be nice to see all 6 DVB streams and be able to disable those I do not need. With this I would save some processing time and disk space (a DVB stream of one language is usually 40-140 MBytes in case of an opera).

Moreover if I select Extract DVB subtitles option, the feature "Extract subtitles only for these languages" does not seem to work, if I select it this option would not be saved, and therefore  it does not work as expected, the first 4 DVB subtitle streams are converted to SRT, not only the one or two I need.

With a second processing of the already processed recording the remaining two DVB subtitles are shown, and this time they can be deselected.

[attachimg=2]

Unfortunately all four DVB streams will be converted into SRT again, and in this case producing the Chinese SRT takes a lot of time and the result is garbage, which is normal but useless, waste of time.

[attachimg=3]

Thank you if you could check this, i.e to see all 6 DVB subtitle streams and to be able to select for STR conversion only those I need.
György

Derrick

I fully agree :)

Apparently TSDoc has problems when there are more than the usual number of elementary streams in a programme. Not only DVB subtitles. Here's (a mean) test with EBS (not European Bamboo Society) on 9E, 11900H. The service has 24 audio tracks!

Opening a perfect recording with TSDoctor 2.0 results in:
[attachimg=1]

Clicking on yes or no will bring up this message:
[attachimg=2]

I guess a pc can handle them all ;)

Derrick

After installing the latest update the wrong message about scrambled packets doesn't show any more. But the problem persists. Rebuilding the PMT doesn't work..

Cypheros

You can select the DVB subtitles you want to convert in the "Teletext/Subtitle" settings:

[attachimg=1]

Just list the 3 character codes you want to convert, separated by commas.

igyorgy

My problem is, whatever I do, this setting is not saved. And this is the same on both of my installations, on my desktop and on my laptop.

[attachimg=1]

Do you have any suggestion?
I could find the corresponding settings in the registry for teletext: TeletextSubtitleOnlyFromSelectedPages and TeletextSubtitlePageList, but not for DVB subtitles. Which are those? Maybe this could be set in regedit...

And to see all 6 DVB streams of Classica HD would be nice too.

Cypheros

Sorry, found a bug in the settings. Will be fixed soon.

igyorgy

Thank you, this setting can be saved now  :) . One small point: I am using English version of TS_doctor, and when I write ger,eng into the corresponding place German subtitle would not be created. I have changed it to deu,eng - this way it works fine.

Cypheros

There are different descriptions for the same language. You can also use ger,deu,eng to make sure to get the languages you want.

www.cypheros.de