Crashing

Begonnen von PerryM, Januar 13, 2016, 12:21:47

« vorheriges - nächstes »

PerryM

I'm using HD h.264 files. If I set the splitter to 'Haali' or 'Auto' then the TSD crashes. I believe I've always used this setting before. If I set it to another choice like LAV then I get very poor video preview quality in the cutter but it doesn't crash. My other video players (VLC, DVBViewer) are working fine.
TSD was originally working on my new hardware but that was v2.11 (now 2.12).
I must admit the number of settings is somewhat bewildering and I've mostly left them on default before.
Any suggestions as to what to try appreciated. Is there some sort of 'log' that I could send?

PerryM

I've just installed the last version of TSD v1. That runs fine on the Haali splitter. It also shows the poor quality preview when set to use the LAV splitter.
I'm a bit lost in all the connurtations!

ErichV

Please try it again with Haali as DEFAULT MPEG splitter and if it doesn't work, you'll have to post a DirectX Logfile.
Just press the button "Show DirectX Log" under the preferences tab "Preview", save this logfile on your Desktop and attach it here.
1 x Humax ESD-160S, 1x TechniSat TechniBox S4, 2x TechniSat Skystar USB 2 HD CI, Nvidia Shield TV Media Streaming Player, TS Doctor 4.0.37, DVBViewer Pro 7.2.5.0 mit DVBViewer Media Server 3.2.5.0

PerryM

ErichV

Everything looks fine to me.
Maybe some broken filters/codecs cause the crash. However, TSD v1 does its job well on your system, so it could be a TSD v2 related problem.
Does v2.11 of TS-Doctor still work as expected?
If this is not the case, please install Codec Tweak Tool and scan the registry for broken filters/codecs.
Unfortunately, I'm out of ideas.
1 x Humax ESD-160S, 1x TechniSat TechniBox S4, 2x TechniSat Skystar USB 2 HD CI, Nvidia Shield TV Media Streaming Player, TS Doctor 4.0.37, DVBViewer Pro 7.2.5.0 mit DVBViewer Media Server 3.2.5.0

PerryM

Is it possible to get the installer for 2.11? I've lost mine in the move to the new hardware and I cannot find old versions of v2 on the site.
I tried the Codec Tweak Tool with no success.

ErichV

Just click on "v2.11 of TS-Doctor" on my posting above.  ;)

Cypheros

Directx log is OK, no problems to find. Could be a problem with Windows 10 compatibility. Maybe Windows 10 don't like the new grabber filter of TSD 2.0.
TSD 1.2 uses the old Microsoft internal grabber to get the cutting point images.

Are you using the current version of Windows 10 v1511 ?

PerryM

Cypheros

What language version ?

PerryM

Win 10 English (UK) version.
I've now had the chance to roload v2.11 and that crashes as well at exactly the same point, a few moments after the cutting window is opened.
I used to be a field service engineer and I've breached one of the golden rules of not changing more than one thing at once! I am sure that I had v2 working on my old hardware, which was also on Win 10, although maybe an earlier version because I did a clean OS install for this one. I am using the same video card as before.
Ah well - I'll 'struggle' along on v1 and await developments!
cheers

PerryM

Actually - I can temporarily live with using the LAV splitter in v2, the picture quality is bad but it is good enough to cut with. Most important - it doesn't crash!
There seem to be several versions of the Haali Splitter - is it worth me re-installing this? If so, please suggest a source.
FWIW

Cypheros

Haalis homepage: https://haali.su/mkv/

It's the same, coming with TS-Doctor

Djfe

why do you think the picture quality is worse?
worse than what, specifically? 8)

does the image looks washed out?
then do right-click on the preview and change in the lav video filter settings the output levels, until it fits again

DVB only uses the values 16-235 fo color instead of full 8bit range (0-255)
so you maybe should select 0-255 or the other (not sure which right now, but you will see the difference) to convert the color range for your monitor

if that's not the case but you see a combing, then your recording seems to be interlaced, for that you can turn on yadif deinterlacing in the same options (be careful not to leave it on, if you edit progressive material, or it will look worse)

if you have further questions don't hesitate to ask ;)

PerryM

Some success! I uninstalled the Haali Splitter (using the Win 10 System Control Panel) and then re-installed it from the Haali web site. Now TSD runs without crashing. I'll leave it to you experts to figure out why!
For the record, with the LAV or MS splitter the picture was showing severe decoding artefacts when in the cutting window. It was OK at normal speed but not when stepping through frames.
Let us keep our fingers crossed and if it goes wrong again I'll report it.
cheers for all the support.

www.cypheros.de