some improvements in the UI?

Begonnen von latomus, Februar 20, 2016, 14:19:21

« vorheriges - nächstes »

latomus

Hello,

Congratulations and thank you for TS-DOCTOR V2. A real step ahead.

1. I have noticed that when you are in the main screen after opening a film, you have to click on the small arrow in the right part of the screen in order to unhide the PID number of the stream. This looks like an unnecessary step. Wouldn't it be possible to display this PID number rigth away?

2. When you are in the main screen after opening a film, and you clik on the symbol to reach the "stream properties" screen, I think that this is mostly because you would like to change the language and/or the stream order. However, the initial focus is put on the "OK" button and you have to press the "tab" key three time before reaching the field labeled "language". Would it be possible to put the initial focus on this very field? This would have the tremendous advantage of just pressing the first two letters of the language you would like to enter, rather than either pressing three time on the tab key, on using the mouse to click on this field.

3. Regarding PID numbers, those ones hidden in the main screen are expressed in DECIMAL numbering, but the same PID numbers in the editing screen (the one where you can cut parts of the movie) are expressed in HEXADECIMAL... This is quite boring. Would it be possible to have the same numbering scheme in both places?

4. In the screen for cutting parts of the film you are editing, there are 3 buttons (one for audio volume, another for selecting audio streams and the last one for selecting subtitles). When you click on the buttons for selecting audio streams or subtitles, there is an unexpanded combobox appearing just above the button you have just clicked. In this unexpanded combobox, there is only the first stream visible and you then have to click once again in the arrow of the combobox for having the other streams appear. This is an unnecessary step. I think that this combobox should be displayed in its expanded format rigth away, in order to not having to click several times for a very simple action.

Thank you very much in advance.

Good luck for the future of TS-DOCTOR!

P.

Cypheros

1. Most users don't need the Pid details. They don't even know about their meaning  ;)

2. It's changed in the next release.

3. I'll look into it.

4. It's changed in the next release and the comboboxes will open expanded.

latomus

Hi there,

Thank you so much...

Regarding 1. below, my request was based on the fact that spotting PIDs is the only way to make sure that you are suppressin the appropriate audio stream (after checking in the diting screen). Hence all my other requests...

Best regards

Pierre

www.cypheros.de