Cannot edit .ts files originated from Mediaset/Tivusat broadcasting for Italy.

Begonnen von marco, März 09, 2021, 13:56:22

« vorheriges - nächstes »

marco

Hello,
I use TS-Doctor to cut files originated by SAT recordings.
I have no troubles at all in editing german and french SAT recordings, specifically ARTE(D), ARTE(F), 3SatHD, BR-Nord-HD, as well as the RAI broadcastings from Tivusat.

But I have many troubles with Italian Mediaset broadcastings from Tivusat.
Tivusat is not free to view, you need a card to decode the stream. I have it of course.
Once decoded the stream can also be recorded without any trouble by my Hyumax device and exported to a .ts file, to be played by any hardware or software player or edited.

What typically happens with italian SAT recordings from Mediaset/Tivusat opened by TS-Doctor 3.18 is as follows:
My GUI is in italian, so the translation might not be the exact english one but I hope it will be understandable and I am referring to the 11 steps the program performs, shown on the left of the screen.

STEP 1 is fine.
STEP 2 progresses very slowly, since the program is "looking for filling data".
STEP 3 shows immediately a popup: "Start of mixed stream detected, do you want to virtually cut...?"
If I click on "YES" then another popup: "Invalid stream format do you want to try to continue?".
If I click "YES" then a popup stating "No PID found" is shown.

No progress is allowed then.

If I "clean" the original file with tSMuxerGUI or TsRemux, then I can indeed open the cleaned files with TS-Doctor.
In the end I have a solution but I find it very weird.

SAT recordings originating by RAI and still broadcast from the Tivusat platform are instead well managed by TS-Doctor, as well as any Italian DVB-T recording.

Any tuning of setting I can use to try to sort the problem out?
Thanks in advance.

Marco

Cypheros

marco

Those are the 3 mainstream channels.
I have difficulties also with them, but the the most difficult one appears to be Channel 20 still of the Mediaset breed.

[20] 20 Mediaset HD (Freq: 11432 V, sr: 29900, FEC: 3/4 – DVB-S2 – HotBird 13E)

https://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=20+mediaset

Cypheros

Not a general problem I guess. Maybe something special with your receiver or CAM.

I bet the real message is "Stream starts scrambled. Virtually cut scrambled part and reopen stream?"

Did you try to open the file via File/"Open trimmed"?
To skip the first 10MB often helps to fix this problem.

marco

If File/"Open trimmed" is the fourth item in the list of the file menu (also "T") I have tried it now.
By default it skips first and last 10 megabytes.

But there is still no way to open the file.
I get "not a valid stream or encrypted stream, do you want to continue?" YES

then:
"not  a valid PID"

I have uploaded 100 megabyte of one of these "difficult" files, using RAW cut tool.

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZ8TtfXZC4tdPEL99j5kXV6bmKer2XAb138y

Maybe it can help in identifying the problem?

Cypheros

OK, found the problem. Your (soft)CAM does not work properly. All packets in the stream are marked as encrypted even they are not.
On decryption the scrambled bits should be removed but they are not.

Just answer the dialog "Stream starts scrambled. Virtually cut scrambled part and reopen stream?" with "No" and everything should work fine.

On saving the file, the problem will be fixed.

marco

Great! I did as suggested and it works fine.
I should apologise, I could have tried answering "no" in the beginning rather than posting.
It was such an easy thing to try.....

Anyway thanks a lot for the great support.

www.cypheros.de