srt subtitles in mp4 or mkv

Begonnen von charos, Mai 14, 2015, 03:22:08

« vorheriges - nächstes »

charos

Hi,

I have ts-doctor to save my ts file (_fixed) and extracted the teletext subtitles (srt). When I ask it to convert it to another format through "TS Format Converter" ,like mp4 or with mkv , subtitles are not added to the file. I'm trying to avoid keeping subtitles as external srt file and, add it to the video file.
I had success with handbrake doing this, but this way I have to re-encode the file.
Can I achieve this within ts-doctor ? If not , anyone knows a way without re-encoding the file?

Mam

you can use mkvmerge from the mkvtoolkit to add that stream. This is just a remuxing, no re-encoding.

But of course, this will give you an MKV file as output, not a simple MP4 one.

Djfe

You can simply install TSMuxer through the supported tools section and use the TS Remuxer tool (expert tools)

it will do exactly what you want ;)

charos

Zitat von: Mam am Mai 14, 2015, 06:35:11
you can use mkvmerge from the mkvtoolkit to add that stream. This is just a remuxing, no re-encoding.

But of course, this will give you an MKV file as output, not a simple MP4 one.

I tried it but it always gives some error. Most recent one is " Error: Found B frame without second reference in a non closed GOP. Fix the MPEG2 video stream before attempting to multiplex it." Every ts I put, it always return has some errors.

charos

Zitat von: Djfe am Mai 14, 2015, 13:43:51
You can simply install TSMuxer through the supported tools section and use the TS Remuxer tool (expert tools)

it will do exactly what you want ;)
TS Remuxer (remux mkv) somehow remuxes only the audio (there is no video) .

I also tried tsMuxerR , that gives a ts with the subtitles but in a very weird output - as if subtitles are burned-in ,oversized without possibility to reduce size and they extend beyond the output (here's a screenshot: http://snag.gy/6VDsY.jpg )

Mam

Zitat von: charos am Mai 14, 2015, 18:41:46
I tried it but it always gives some error. Most recent one is " Error: Found B frame without second reference in a non closed GOP. Fix the MPEG2 video stream before attempting to multiplex it." Every ts I put, it always return has some errors.

That sound very strange to me. Unless you try to feed the original file into mkvmerge. Allways use the _fixed version, there should be no errors left that could mkvmerge prevent from working properly.

Ropsi

I use Handbrake to make mkv or mp4. Everything is OK, but You must tell subtitle language and code.

Mam

Zitat von: Ropsi am Juni 28, 2015, 10:04:53
You must tell subtitle language and code.
You can spare the "code" selection. Instruct the TSDoc to output UTF8, thats the default input code for Handbrake. One manual selection less  :-*

www.cypheros.de