Cut problems in final render

Begonnen von Lugie, November 30, 2019, 20:25:04

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Lugie

Hi!

I am trying to get cutting and merging accurate and flawless. I am now working with a h264 AVC 1080p25 ts file using the latest software version. I have also downloaded the latest codecs of all listed in the settings preview window.

My problem is in the final rendered file after I have done my cuts. When I look at the cut points in my rendered file it doesn´t look good, what I mean by not good is that it is pix-elating and sometimes showing a freezing frame for 2 sec before moving on. The audio is smooth and have no problem.

I played around with all the settings in the screenshot that I attached here but with no success. I am getting really frustrated since I have a lot of cutting to do but can´t seem to get a good final result. Is there any settings that I should tweak to fix this problem?

Cypheros

What player are you using, to check the cutting points?

TS-Doctor is cutting on IFrame to minimize the impact of the cutting. This is working good for most TV recordings but if you use that on very highly compressed files, like IPTV recordings, there are more dependencies between the frames that can produce video artefacts.

What is the source of the file? DVB-T, DVB-S or IPTV?

Could you post the log file, TS-Doctor produce for every created new file? The log has the file extension .log

Lugie

You seem to have a point about using different players. I use VLC when I play the files. I now tried Windows Media Player and there I could not see the freeze frame and pix-elating at my cut-points. But why is this happening? and is there a way to solve it? I attached the log of the final rendered file I was talking about. This file I am cutting now is from IPTV but I am cutting like 50% IPTV and 50% DVB-C and both interlaced and progressive type of files.

Cypheros

Try to set "I-Frame only cutting" under "Correction Behavior/H264 Special Settings".

Some players are more sensible than others.

Lugie

Thanks you for helping me. I changed the setting to I-Frame only cutting as you suggested, but the results are pretty much the same when plying in VLC. When I play it in Windows Media player I notice it wont cut at the exact frame I use when cutting, but I guess that is what the I-Frame only cutting does when enabled?

Cypheros

Yes, the cutting point is moved to the nearest I-Frame. If you want to cut perfectly frame accurate, you will have to buy Adobe Premiere or a similar software. But you will loose image and audio quality and a lot of time, because of the needed reencoding.

Lugie

Ok, yes loosing quality is not an option so I guess I have to stick to this setup. At least it plays fine in most players have I tested even if VLC does not play it perfect. Thank you for all your help!  :)

www.cypheros.de