2.2.18 update

Begonnen von PerryM, April 28, 2019, 13:40:15

« vorheriges - nächstes »

PerryM

As a long-time user, I routinely update when offered. For the first time that I remember, the latest version failed (from 2.2.15). It says it cannot access the file that is on my C: drive.
As an engineer, I am very suspicious of 'coincidence'. Since the last update, I have changed my C: drive to an SSD (using clone software). This is the first time I have found a problem and 2.2.15 is still working fine.
I've just noticed JSE problem so I guess there is an error on the download?
FWIW

Cypheros

What file exactly can not be accessed? The file downloaded during the update procedure?

If you do an update, the update file will be downloaded into the folder "C:\ProgramData\Cypheros\TsDoctor2\Download" and then executed. The file has multiple check sums and will show an error message if the file is incomplete, corrupted or infested by a virus.

Maybe the downloaded file is blocked by Windows Defender or another antivirus tool.

PerryM

I get an identical message to JSE on his current strand. If I navigate to the requisite file then I get the attached message window.
I repeat that other than changing from an HD to an SSD, I have changed nothing since the last successful upgrade.

Cypheros

That only means that the installation package is no longer available. To make it available, try to install the current version again. In the application folder under setup, you will find the installation file of the current version. Just executed that setup and the installation packages will be available again.

PerryM

I did what you said and got the same initial message - when I clicked OK I got the attached.

PerryM

Reading the JSE strand - I have Windows reporting the same version (2.2.15) that is working. Is it worth me attempting an uninstall of 2.2.15 and a new install of 2.2.18?

Cypheros

Even it look like the same problem as JSE, it's not.

Download the TS-Doctor installation check tool and send the result to support(et)cypheros.de to get help.

Download: http://www.cypheros.de/files/tools/TSDInstCheck2.exe

PerryM

I have reloaded the 2.2.15 installer and this 'repairs' the installation. I guess it got corrupted somehow.
The update to 2.2.18 then worked fine.
We are lucky Frank gives us such good support!

www.cypheros.de