Commercial filter

Begonnen von PerryM, Oktober 30, 2017, 12:37:01

« vorheriges - nächstes »

PerryM

Since the last couple of updates - Video Analysis no longer works on ITV (UK) movies. It was working very well, using the ITV corner bug logo. It now makes a first pass and then crashes out with no results. It has never worked on Ch5 movies but comes up with a message about the logo missing - perhaps because it is too faint.
Is there any way of rolling back updates?

tsduser

Not a real need to do so...

Simply uninstall, and (re-)install an older version, available from here.

Cypheros

We will look into the issues with itv and Channel 5.

PerryM

Thanks. I've just gone back a few versions - 2.0.94 works with the ITV logo, 2.0.95 doesn't. (same source) but neither crashes after first pass like current ver. I also tried 2.0.94 on a Ch4HD film and it doesn't recognise that logo even though it was on a continuous black background with a letterboxed film. I don't usually use Video Analysis mode for Ch4 since AC3 mostly works. AC3 doesn't work with ITV or Ch5.
FWIW

Cypheros

Next version has a improved commercial detection for itv and Channel 5.

PerryM

Great - I'll look forward to trying it.

I'd like to take this opportunity of saying that in general TSDoctor is a real pleasure to use. I used to be a professional video editor and whenever I have time I edit the commercials manually and I find the interface very good. Occasionally it crashes - perhaps because I am in a hurry or too clumsy - but it usually reopens with my previous work intact.
My only other suggestion is a way to get back to the default loading menu if I don't finish a cut. Sometimes I realise after starting a cut that for some reason I don't want it, and it would be good to have a one button/key method of jumping to loading the next video. I suspect you will tell me that it is already there!
cheers

Cypheros

OK, new version 2.0.99 is online.

PerryM

Seems to work OK on a couple of films I recorded over the weekend (1 ea ITV, Ch4, Ch5). Obviously it can only be as good as the transmitted logo timing which can be pretty rough!
It is interesting looking at the progress window and guessing the algorithms being used.
Thanks again for your efforts.

Cypheros

Yes, it's only a rough cutting but you can update the cutting points to make it more precisely. I guess it's the best you can archive at the moment.

PerryM

Exactly.
On this subject - sometimes the filter will add a 'false' commercial break. In the cutting window - what would be the quickest way to remove the break and thus join the two surrounding segments? I have a workaround but it is a bit clunky and I am sure you will suggest something much more elegant!

Cypheros

Lets say, you have two areas (1, 2) with a false detected commercial break between them.

In the cutting windows, set a marker somewhere in the area 1 and a second one somewhere in area 2 and the press the add button. The two areas will be connected and the commercial break will be removed.

PerryM

www.cypheros.de