How to fix?

SRT Output from ProjectX:

00:00:01,508 --> 00:00:03,644
They shouldn't kill my son.

00:00:06,548 --> 00:00:08,276
He doesn't deserve it.

No Double Lines. Good!

Mam

some stations (I do remember to BBC to do this now and then) broadcast a kind of "live" subtitles. They do not send out the whole sentence in one piece, but send "word by word". This works quite well if you have subtitles with fixed positions, but it looks absolutely ugly when using SRTs because the lines are always centered there and instead of "growing" the sentence it looks like its flickering so heavily that you cannot read anything.

I once wrote a small program that collected these flickering lines and build one large, steady line out of it (showing the whole sentence for the complete time from word one to the end of the last word).

But it would not double the lines.

So, it would be worth investigating (by looking at a sample that you supply) what kind of trick they now have used in your recordings...

raymondjpg

Zitat von: Mam am Juni 21, 2017, 08:39:30So, it would be worth investigating (by looking at a sample that you supply) what kind of trick they now have used in your recordings...

I cannot provice a sample of the .ts file of less than 1000KB that will demux to give the SRT output stream.

Cypheros

Sent you message with instructions to upload bigger samples.

You can use free Filezilla as FTP client.

raymondjpg

Zitat von: Cypheros am Juni 21, 2017, 10:07:01
Sent you message with instructions to upload bigger samples.

You can use free Filezilla as FTP client.

I have uploaded a short .ts file named TSDoctor Test.ts in a directory named raymondjpg. This file is about 17 seconds long and demuxes to give the SRT file with the double lines.

Regards

Cypheros

ABC2 is transmitting the lines two times (see attached image).

Next release will have a fix for this problem.

raymondjpg

Zitat von: Cypheros am Juni 21, 2017, 11:58:23
ABC2 is transmitting the lines two times (see attached image).

Next release will have a fix for this problem.

Transmission of two lines is quite common. Many subtitle editors have provision for merging of SRT lines with the same text. However TSDoctor appears to be merging the two lines of text into the one SRT line.

If the next release has a fix I will consider purchase of the program.

Mam

yeah, really looks like a big bug in the doc :o
Same line, different timecodes, the doc should just sum both lines up and adjust the ending timecode to the end of the 2nd line.

But, I have faith, this can be easily fixed  ;D

Cypheros

www.cypheros.de