Split ever x minute

Begonnen von cazz, Juni 04, 2018, 23:12:22

« vorheriges - nächstes »

cazz

Is it possible with TS-Doctor to split ever x minute, like if I want to split every 45 min?

Mam

in general yes  ;D
Nobody stops you from setting a mark (manually of course) every 45min and create a new cutting region assigning it a new filename too  ;D

But I am afraid, you are looking for a kind of builtin automatics for this, and, sadly, you won't find any.

I also don't think this "feature" would be valuable for many people, it does not really make sense to me.

Please explain why/for what reason you want this to be implemented.

cazz

Thanks for the replay

Is that I trying to convert some Tape from VHS to DVD and the system I have create a LONG TS file.
The problem is that the TV show does not have any logo and anything that make the auto cut to find the start and the ending.
But I know the episode is about 45 min long so instead manual looking after every ending I was thinking make the TS-Doctor do it for me.

Mam

So in general, you want a new function in the cutting window that you can call from any position you are currently pointing at, that reads "generate a new section from current position to +45mins" or something?

As you may already see from the quite cumbersome description, the next one will come up and ask for "30mins", the other one will want "60mins" and, nots let forget the short comedy eps with "20mins".

I dont think it will be implemented, but the boss is in holidays, when he will be back it depends on his mood  ;D

cazz

Hmm that was a better idea that I was thinking :)
Just click the position and then say to the program to go x minute forward (Maybe is a little work but I have no problem to write 45 everytime in a textbox/pulldown or have a default value in the config)

I just know that sometime I have problem to split a TS file because I can't get the program to find the start or the end of a TV-show.

Mam

Zitat von: cazz am Juni 05, 2018, 18:05:35
Hmm that was a better idea that I was thinking :)
I'm good in generalizing things  ;D that was part of my former job.

Zitat von: cazz am Juni 05, 2018, 18:05:35
I just know that sometime I have problem to split a TS file because I can't get the program to find the start or the end of a TV-show.
But really it is not that hard anymore. The current doc shows you a scale either based on realtime, or on playtime. So just add 45min in your mind, click it and start searching around that point (dont forget to set a marker before at your current position  :-* ). Once you have found the correct ending, just rightclick and pick "create section from marker to here" and you are done. Piece of cake.

www.cypheros.de