Nex user - some problems and questions

Begonnen von Nicolas58, Januar 14, 2018, 16:23:53

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Nicolas58

Hello,

I'm trying the trial version of Ts Doctor, and I'll probably buy it, but I have some issues, and one of them is critical for me.

Context :
I have 2 Xeobox HDT 7810 (DTT recorders), one into my dining room and one into my sitting room. They are both connected to a NAS so I can share recordings between them.
The TV of my sitting room is a Samsung UE40F6320 and it is able to read those recordings (by UPnp), but only if they are "reformated" by TS Doctor (I don't understand why, since I keep ts extension and original encodings). The advantage of reading my recordings directly onto the Samsung TV is that it can decode 5.1 sound streams and send it to my 5.1 sound system, while the Xeobox records all streams but its reading output is only 2.0 whatever is the recording.
So my usage of Ts Doctor would be to cut advertisings, and make them readable by both my Xeobox and my TV. I don't want to change anything to encoding types.
The signal of my antenna is very good since I have changed the position of my antenna one year ago (I have only a few warnings and/or errors from time to time when some motorcycles go through my street). So I have done tests with very good recordings and with old recordings which have a bad quality.
The results seems to be identical in both situations.

Critical issue :
After having cut advertisings with TS Doctor, I cannot navigate trough some recordings with my Xeobox : the total duration displayed is less than the real duration, so the navigation cursor cannot go further than this false end time. If I start viewing from an accessible point, playing can continue further the false end time, but the timer stay fixed on the value of the false end time, and if I try to navigate it comes back immediately at the false end time. There is not this issue onto my original recordings (but I have deleted some of them before I discovered this issue...).
I have similar issues onto the Samsung TV with some of these recordings.
Maybe it is important : I answered yes to these questions : "Paths video PES length ?" and "FORTIS FTRI packet detected. Copy FTRI packed to new file ?"
I didn't see any other questions (except about multi part recording).

Other problem :
On the Samsung TV, some recordings seem to have no sound. Actually I need change the audio language to get it back ! Example : I begin to view a record, it seems to have no sound. If I go into the language menu, I see that the first language is selected. I select the second language (audio description) and I have sound. I come back to the first language and I have the normal sound ! While the sound is not read, navigation also doesn't work normally (even for recordings which end time is correct).
This is not critical, but maybe it can help you to identify my problems...

Questions :
- I use only two buttons of the main window : "prepare cutting" and "save new file". As TS Doctor is supposed to repair recordings, I don't understand why when I run a check on a new file created with "save new file" button, it seems to have the same number of errors as the original. Did I miss something ? I thought TS doctor would have patched it, even if it means inserting blank video or sound.
- Do you have an English documentation ?

I have unchecked the option "remux AAC(LATM) to AAC(ADTS)", it changed nothing to my sound problems.
Maybe the options about timer correction would solve my timer problems, but I don't understand what they do ?

Best regards.

PS : If you can solve my timer problems, I promise I will buy your great software immediately !

Cypheros

Hi, could you post the log of such a problem file?

TS-Doctor creates a log for any new file. Same filename but with file extension .log

Makes it easier to see the technical details.

Nicolas58

Hi,

The attached log file is one of which that have the timer issues on both my TV and my Xeobox.
On my Xeobox the false end time is at 10'57" and on my TV the "breaking" time is at 9'21".
I say breaking time on the Samsung TV because the displayed total time seems to be OK, but the navigation is not possible after this time.

Thanks for looking at my issue.

Cypheros

Hmm, found a strange value:
Speed: 1,7 MBytes/sec

That's the slowest processing speed I ever saw. What recording medium do you use?

The bitrate is very very low for over 2 1/2 hours of a full HD recording.

I guess it's DVB-T, isn't it?

What channel?

Nicolas58

Hi,

The channel is NRJ12 on French DVB-T.

Yes it seems very strange to me too, but not for the same reason :
Speed: 1,7 MBytes/sec
Duration: 00:48:10

The real duration of the final file is not 00:48:10, but 2 hours and about 10 minutes ! If you look at cutting details, you will find it.
The file size is 4424MBytes.
So for me the average bitrate is
4424 MBytes / (130*60) s = 0,567MBytes / s = 4,537Mbits / s

To my mind it is matching with these datarates :
PID stream average bitrates
$00DC: 4,1 Mbps
$00E6: 124,9 Kbps
$00E7: 124,9 Kbps
$00E8: 94,5 Kbps
$00FA: 0 bps
$00FB: 16,9 Kbps

You said that it was a very low bitrate for HD recording, but it's nearly what I have with all my recordings :
The video stream bitrate is usually between 3 and 6 Mbps (= Mbits / s, no MBytes...).
And you can add about 125 kbps (kbits/s) for each language stream.

I checked a few files, the last 2 lines of the log files, with speed in MBytes / s and duration are always false values.

Out of curiosity, could you tell me what are the bitrates of DVB-T in Germany ? (or eventually DVB-S and / or DVB-C).

Best regards.

Cypheros

There is a misunderstanding regarding the values.

Speed and duration has nothing to do with the bitrate. Duration is the time needed to process the file and the speed is the processing speed of TS-Doctor. In your case TS-Doctor needed more than 48 minutes to process the file.

Here the numbers of a German HDTV channel:

File size of source file: 8763916476
Duration of source file: 01:32:18.253

Speed: 30,0 MBytes/sec
Duration: 00:04:38

PID stream sizes
$1451:   4.849.667 KB
$1452:     137.691 KB
$1453:     137.691 KB
$1454:           0 KB
$1455:      14.142 KB
$1456:     317.747 KB

PID stream average bitrates
$1451: 7,2 Mbps
$1452: 203,7 Kbps
$1453: 203,7 Kbps
$1454: 0 bps
$1455: 20,9 Kbps
$1456: 470,0 Kbps

Nicolas58

Hello,

Ok you have a bit higher bitrate in Germany if it is DVB-T.

About processing speed and duration : I firstly thought it was supposed to be TS-Doctor processing values, but in that case it is also completely false for all my files !
My real values would be approximatively like yours : I think that for my files which were about 4 GBytes, it took approximatively 2 minutes.
Anyway I'm absolutely sure it was not more than a few minutes for each recording. I was impressed by this fast processing.

Best regards.

Cypheros

Zitat von: Nicolas58 am Januar 18, 2018, 13:53:55
Ok you have a bit higher bitrate in Germany if it is DVB-T.

No, it's DVB-S.

DVB-T is not comparable because DVB-T in Germany is not HD but SD with MPEG2 codec. At the moment we are moving to DVB-T2 with H.265, what is in HD but with a newer more effective codec (lower bitrate).

Nicolas58

Ok.
And for my timer and navigation issues, do you have any news ?
Would it help you if I give you one of my recordings ?

Best regards.

Cypheros

Please check the following setting. Under Settings/Preferences/Correction Behavior make sure the "Timer correction" is set to "Patch every time".

If this is allready set, it would be very helpfull to have a sample here to analyze the details. We could offer fast FTP server access to upload a sample file.

Nicolas58

It was set to "For PCR wraps without questions [recommended]".

I'll try to make some new tries this week-end and I'll give you the results.

Thanks.

Nicolas58

Hello,

I tried to patch one of my "broken" recordings with the option "Always patch" for timer correction. I didn't keep my original file after the first cutting, so I did this second patching from the cut (and broken) recording.
I also tried a second time with the option Enhanced PCR check active (search depth 140 MBytes and 1 PCR scan factor). I don't know what does PCR means, but it seems to to be related to the timer, that's why I tried it.

The result was exactly the same : I can't navigate after about 10 minutes from the begining with my Xeobox device.
You can see the 2 log files in attachment.

Can I send you the ts file on your FTP server ? No problem for me to send you the whole file : my internet connection speed is about 300 Mbits/s (optical fiber).

Thank you.

tsduser

Just a short sidenote regarding the execution speed irritation (without the intention of hi-jacking this thread, of course):

The reportedly low speed indication is NOT caused by a slow storage medium, but obviously by a fault in TS-Docor itself:
The time-span reported isn't counted from the beginning of the cut operation, but from the point in time when TSD exe was actually started :-)
You can easily reproduce this behaviour by starting the Doc (2.0.105 will do just fine), then wait an hour or so before further processing a recording (incl. opening that recording after the hour), and the log will then report that it took 1h plus the actually needed time to complete the cut. The media speed is then concluded from the 1h-plus time period.

This problem was evident for a while (don't know exactly, sorry), but I never regarded this a major bug. And I had (and still have) little hope that correcting this "timer" issue will finally allow the Doc to keep a file opened for further steps after finishing one operation :-)

Cypheros

@Nicolas58: Sent you a PM

@tsduser: We will check that an fix it with the next release.

Nicolas58

Hello,

Do you have any news since I have sent you my sample file ?

Best regards.

www.cypheros.de