Edited UHD recordings stutters

Begonnen von caze, September 22, 2020, 08:52:56

« vorheriges - nächstes »

caze

Hi

I am using version 3.0.26 and what a piece of software it is. Works like a charm. The best editing/correction software I have used.

I have edited/scanned a ton of .TS HD-recordings and it has fixed all my old recordings and made them playable on my mediaplayer, so I am a huge fan.

I have a problem with my UHD .ts files recorded with my VU+ Uno 4k SE though.

The scan/cutting process in the software works fine, but the mediaplayer stutters on the edited file at the end of the first cut, when the next "scene" should be played. The audio comes out fine, but no video. The unedited file works perfectly with no errors.

Yesterday I recorded a soccer match to test. The same game was broadcasted on two channels – one in HD and one in UHD. I have edited both files the same way (almost – it's difficult to hit the exact same cutting points 😉 ). The HD file plays fine and the UHD does not. Is there a special setting I should be aware of?

I have checked the log files, but must admit that my amateur skills cannot locate the answer 😉. The log files does not have any errors, but there are a few warnings, but I cannot understand if it's a real problem.

I have tried to play the .TS files via Plex on a Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) and via Plex on my LG C9 TV. I have unfortunately no other UHD equipment to test on.

Mam

sadly, UHD is still a big mess  >:(
there as so many different extensions (HDR, HDR10, Dolby Vision etc) that are not compatible with each other, its almost a miracle that something can be played on a certain device.
It has nothing to do with the Doc (and he can't help it too), but even there is no common format for the tv stations now.
So what you see is to be considered "normal"  >:(

UHD will soon vanish in history like so many things before already (does somebody remember 3d films anymore?). Also, because really nobody can see any big benefit. Even on HUGE screens you almost cannot notice any better picture quality, maybe on specially produced documentaries with wide panoramas showing a rain forrest, maybe also for sport events that show a wide overview of the stadium. But in normal films and series, it makes no real sense (unless you want to see how much makeup it takes to make Julia Roberts still look great again)

With all these different formats they repeat to kill the technics by itself again.

Cypheros

I suspect Plex is the source of the problems. UHD is a brand-new concept with thousands of options and features that can prevent playback. If you use Plex, you have two possible sources of trouble.

Try to remove all audio and subtitle streams, so you have only one video and one audio stream. Copy the edited file to a fast memory stick (the cheap sticks are too slow) with a reading speed of 20-30 MB/s or more. TS-Doctor has a disk tool under Tools to test the speed of your stick.

Put the stick directly into your tv or shield pro and try playback the file with the integrated mediaplayer.

caze

Thanks for the suggestions, but unfortunately it didn't help.

The original and edited file do only consist of one video and one audio stream and no subtitles.

I have used a USB-stick (3.1), which TS-Doctor tested and found ok.

I tested the file on the USB-stick directly in the TV and it still stutters, only difference is now that it is possible to fast forward the file over the spot of the cut, but the audio disappears here.

Cypheros

Is playback on the computer OK?

Could you post the log file TS-Doctor created for the cutted file? The log has the same filename as the created file but .log as file extension.

caze

Hi again

My laptop is not powerful enough to play the UHD .TS files, so I have not been able to test that way. EDIT: I was apparently missing some codecs. It passes the first cut, but the audio and video are not synchronized.

I hope you can see what's wrong from the log file attached.

Cypheros

There is nothing wrong with the file. No problems, no errors.

Did you try to play it on the shield pro? The NVidia box should support h.265 and this resolution with hardware decoding.

I use the Himedia Q10 Pro 4K mediaplayer and have no problems with UHD recordings cutted with TS-Doctor.

caze

Thanks for the review - it looked the same to me, but an expert's eyes is always way better ;-).

I have tried VLC and one other mediaplayer on Shield and VLC can play the file, but not flawless after the first cut as it stops - not frame by frame of course - but for a very short time, which makes it unwatchable.

Any special advises on making the cuts? I always fast forward/reverse a full frame as I thought it could mess up the audio/video streams.

www.cypheros.de