Download lockouts

Begonnen von jaydear, August 24, 2018, 01:30:14

« vorheriges - nächstes »

jaydear

I use a download manager and sometimes the download of latest TSD version fails to start with this message "WARNING: Too many downloads. You reached the download limit of 5 times for the file TSDoctor2_Eng.exe within one hour. Try again later".

Well, no I didn't, I tried once. Maybe the download manager tried several times within a millisecond as each attempt failed, I don't know.

I suppose there's a good reason for the lockout, but I have to say I d/l a lot of updates from all over the web and this is the only site that does this. Just sayin'.

Update: I've just found that if I do an update from within TSD within "the lockout hour" it goes smoothly, but of course I don't have a backup copy of the d/l (afaik).
The.Doctor is the ants' pants :)

Cypheros

Sorry for the inconveniences but there are bad people and/or idiots out there, trying to download the same file a hundred times per hour and wasting internet bandwidth for nothing. Maybe your Download Manager is trying to open multiple connections (more than 5) to download faster and triggers the limit warning.

TS-Doctor creates a backup of the current installed version in the program folder under Setup.
So you should find the installation file TSDoctor2_Eng.exe under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypheros\TSDoctor2\Setup".

jaydear

You are 100% correct!  ::)

My D/L manager will use up to eight threads (connections?). I'll see if I can configure it to only use one, or just use the built-in updater now that I know there's a backup kept. I stopped using the updater because it was much s-l-o-w-e-r than an independent download, but it seems faster now.

TSD is working very well for me. Thanks for your hard work.
The.Doctor is the ants' pants :)

www.cypheros.de