Best way to cut a file to many files

Begonnen von cazz, Dezember 16, 2017, 15:16:01

« vorheriges - nächstes »

cazz

What is the best way with TS-Doctor if I have a long TS file that I like to cut in several scene and save them in several files??

Mam

Zitat von: cazz am Dezember 16, 2017, 15:16:01
What is the best way with TS-Doctor if I have a long TS file that I like to cut in several scene and save them in several files??
That quite an easy job, but a bit hidden too. So it is easily missed.

In general, load your file into the doc (make sure it is less than 23hrs runtime, longer files cannot be processed!!!), use the builtin filters and/or define your "scenes" manually in the editor, my example here has 3 "scenes" (watch pic vorher).
Now look at the small bar directly left to the preview pics, I have marked it with a red X on the pic!
(your bar may look different, depending on how the Doc already realized that it contains more than one movie, but dont panic, we will now make it look that way manually)

Now lets assume, that these 3 scenes all are different movies and should be stored into seperate files.

Be bold! Click on that bar and open a new mystical dialog with this (see pic dialog)
You see? here you can assign a filename and the areas (your "scenes") that belong to the clip
Lets reduce the end to "1" and hit OK
We now have defined that the filename is only used for the first scene. Back to the editor we will see, that the bar has changed!
Instead of one long bar, we now have 3 seperate ones. One for every scene.
Thats neat, you would be done already if this is what you want.
But you should take some little more times and click each bar and edit the filename on each part. Else you will get files named "unknown_broadcast(2)" and so on.

Of course, you can also join scenes again by redefining the start-end area. So if we want 2 files only, we could make scene 1 into file1 and join scenes2+scenes3 into a new file.

This is totally up to you.
When done, hit ok until the editor closes.
Start conversion the usual way, you will notice a small difference here.
Normally you are asked for a filename in which the result is store, now it will ask you for a foldername instead. It puts the files defined in the dialog(s) into this folder.

Experiment a bit with it, after a few tries it is a piece of cake.

cazz

ohh thanks it works greate :)

Now to make it easy I have to understand how to use a filter so it self can split the file for me.

Mam

Zitat von: cazz am Dezember 16, 2017, 20:19:10
Now to make it easy I have to understand how to use a filter so it self can split the file for me.
Thats easy too. If you load a file, the Doc scans it and selects the filter that he thinks might be most appropriate automatically and runs it.
The selection depends on what infos are found in your file (EPG entries, Changes in Sound Format and so on), if it finds no info at all, it selects "VA" (Video Analysis) which scans for Station Logos and creates areas where the logo is found and deselects the parts without a logo.
None of the Filters is really failsafe, you should always check the generated regions afterwards and correct the entry/exit points when needed.
The automatic filter selection sometimes picks the "wrong" filter, because it scans the file according to a hardcoded builtin list. The first filter in this list that reports he has found the needed infos that allow him to work is then run. "Later" or "deeper" filters are then not tested anymore.

So sometimes the doc creates some areas but they might not what you want. In this case you can select one that you want to run from the "Edit" menu. So if you know that your file contains parts with Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio, you can run the AC3 filter manually even if the Doc chose the EPG filter before.

But remember a mayor drawback!
All filters are exclusive! All reset your file to "select all" before they start. If you have defined areas manually or through a different filter before, they are lost and everything is recalculated.

(I am trying to convince the boss to implement a different way, but for now he resists to implement it. My idea is that within the editor you select one existing area and then run any filter ONLY on this part of the file. So you could split up a large area that was created by the EPG filter into smaller parts by applying the AC3 filter additionally later on. But, sniff, this is only my wish, dont expect to see it in the doc soon (or even not later))

cazz

mm that is that I don't understand

I load the TS file and it start to analysis the file (I see the green v to the left)
but nothing more

When I pus the "prepare cutting" I can see it have not cut anything.

I can in the edit menu a "Detect commercials" but there I can't find any that scan an select automatic the best way to split the file.

I must have miss something.

Mam

this heavily (aka: TOTALLY) depends on the file you try to process.
It is impossible to give any hints without knowing your input file.

Also, within the Settings, you could have turned off any filter, or the automatic scan at loadtime at all. Check the Autocut Tab in the Settings, if you are unsure, reset all options to default values (there is a button for this on the general tab, but of course, you will also lose any personal settings with this button)

So, sorry, without more details I cannot help you with this.

cazz

ok I did find the settings "the Autocut Tab" and I did have disable it :)
Now I have enable it and now it find most of the commercials and it was grate, was just some before the serie and some after I did have to manual remove :)

But I wonder somehow is possible to make it look after a keyframe image and know there is going to split.

Alot of commercials from TV start and ends with some sponsoring so I was thinking if I take a screenshot and make the program looking for it it make it easy to find where to start or where to end.

Mam

Zitat von: cazz am Dezember 16, 2017, 22:32:31
But I wonder somehow is possible to make it look after a keyframe image and know there is going to split.
No, this is not possible yet. And I am also not really sure, if it really makes much sense.
The VA Filter (Video analysis mode) should do what you want. It looks for a logo somewhere and detects areas with or without logo.

But keep in mind, all these filters are far from beeing perfect. In almost any case, you will have to correct the found areas manually.
This is, because those nasty tv companies are very innovativ on fighting automatic film detections. They live from the shown ads and do (at least try) everything to make sure that you watch them.
So there are moving logos, morphing logos, color changing logos and almost invisble logos.... and many more variations are added each day.
Nobody can keep up with this, so the Doc contains "only" the most common versions.

But remember: you need to be prepared to do at least the fine tuning manually!

cazz

ok but thanks anyway to make it easy for me to split a big file to many small files :)

cazz

Hi again
In the new version I can't find the small bar?
What do I have do now to split my files?

Cypheros

Use the floppy disk symbol in the cutting window to show the file splitting bar.
It's now horizontally no longer vertically.

See attached image.

www.cypheros.de