enhanced automatisation of batch processing / open multiple files

Begonnen von latomus, Mai 10, 2014, 08:39:17

« vorheriges - nächstes »

latomus

Dear Cypheros,

I would like to submit another idea for enhancing the automatisation of batch processing, re. opening of files, although I suspect that this highly depends on the settop box used.

My settop box is a ClarkeTech CT6600SST. It is equipped with an USB external hard drive where I store all my recordings. It is formatted FAT32 and delivers each recording as a series of 2gig-sized files named *.TRP and then *.001, *.002, *.003 etc. There are also files where extra information is stored, whit typical file extensions (*.IDX, *. IFO, and *.IFO2).

When you use the menu item "open multiple files", there is a dialog box named "open multiple files" where you have to push a button labeled "+" in order to get another dialog box named "open". My first proposal would the be to skip this extra step when the list of files in the "open multiple files" dialog box is empty. In this particular case, why not go directly to the "open" dialog box?

Then (but I repeat that this might be difficult to implement since it might be dependent on how the settop box delivers the recordings), my second proposal would be to highlight by default all relevant files for pre-selection (*.TRP and then *.001, *.002, *.003, etc.). It would be enough to click on "open" to confirm the default pre-selection. This would therefore definitely save an enourmous amount of clicks and, subsequently, of mistakes.

My third proposal would then be, if the first two proposals can be implemented in TS-DOCTOR, to fully automatise the whole process for every directory containing recorded movies. In my case, all such directories are contained in a top-directory named "records" and it would be great just to tell TS-DOCTOR : (1) here is the top directory where all my recorded movies are stored, (2) this is the output directory where I want to store the output, and (3) do I want TS-DOCTOR either just merge the files contained in the input directories under my top-directory or to merge and check/fix the transmission errors".

Than would be a dramatic improvement of the treatment of recorded movies!!!

Than you very much in advance

Mam

The feature that you are requesting, is already build into the Doc.
At least for many receivers.
Just "open" part 1 of the recording, if your receiver is supported, it will automatically detect the other parts and enter "merge virtually" mode.

But of course, it maybe not available for your type of receiver yet.
Just give it a try and if it does not work, you should contact the Boss here for getting access to his ftp server. You will need to upload a sample recording for him, so he can find out the specific format for your receiver and add support for it into the next versions.

Djfe

@Mam you forgot to mention that the batch processing (latomus 3. proposal) doesn't support autobatch for a whole folder, yet (at least the GUI of the TSD)

@latomus
you can use the commandline of the TS Doctor to let it run automatically on one folder (*.ts as filename->wildcard: all ts files)

FAQ: http://www.cypheros.de/tsdoctor_faq_e.html
Zitat3.5 Is it possible to start the TS-Doctor with parameter (command line)?
Even the ts-doctor is a graphical application, it can be also used by command line for batch processing.
For [Input Filename] wildcards can be used, too. For example  *.ts oder REC000.*
If wildcards are used for [Input Filename] then [Output Filename] will interpretted as folder.

TSDoctor.exe [Input Filename] [Command] [Option] [Output Filename]
Command: AUTOFIX (starts automatically the fixing of a file)
Command: AUTOCHECK (starts automatically the checking of a file)
Option:  CROP=X (Crops the beginning of the file X MBytes on opening)

Example:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypheros\TSDoctor\TSDoctor.exe" "D:\recordings today\*.ts" Autofix "D:\archive\"

but I don't know whether there is a function inbuild to automerge recordings that belong together (*.trp)?
And of course dialogs would be ignored/if something would pop up normally you won't know it using the commandline tool.

www.cypheros.de