TT-mode stopped working after trail period.

Begonnen von msatter, Mai 01, 2019, 09:42:20

« vorheriges - nächstes »

msatter

I used the trail period to look at TS-Doctor and was really pleased with the TT-mode to mark commercials. I bought me a license at the end of the trail and when I received it and applied it, TT-mode did not work any more.

So I tried, reinstalling version 2.2.18 and earlier versions like 2.2.15 and a beta 2.2.17a to no avail.

From memory, when being in the trail period the duration bar stayed green during the process and now it turns to red intermediately.
I tried different recordings from Channel 4 HD and it does not work any more. The recording format is enigma and I don't import the .cut file.

I checked the recording with VLC if there is TT subtitles available and they are during the transmission and are not present during the commercials.

Mam

Zitat von: msatter am Mai 01, 2019, 09:42:20
I used the trail period to look at TS-Doctor and was really pleased with the TT-mode to mark commercials. I bought me a license at the end of the trail and when I received it and applied it, TT-mode did not work any more.

Interesting  ;D
I was not aware yet that there was anything like the "TT Mode" you are describing at all!

You mean, the Doc realizes that there are no subs currently and therefor marks this area as commercials? I strongly cannot believe this, what else would happen to a western movie where the heros are riding into the sun at the end for ages and minutes ?
It is perfectly ok for a film to contain long periods without any dialog, so it would be very very unwise to rely on this.

You've must be mixing it up with something else  :-*

msatter

I don't think that it is that simple just looking when there are no subtitles on 888/889. There must be also a signal that subtitles are available or not and that is probably the trigger being.

It works great and I only have to move sometimes a few frames forward or back to have good cut.

Cypheros

For some British and some Swiss channels TS-Doctor can detect a signaling in the teletext data to find commercials but it's not available for all shows.
TS-Doctor offers this type of commercials detection only if teletext subtitles are available.

We will check that for Channel 4HD.

Cypheros

We checked two current recordings but it seams that the regulare markings of commercials are not found.

Maybe Channel 4HD changed the subtitles to prevent commercial detection, as many other channels did during the last years. We will try to find new ways to detect this anoying commercial interruptions.

msatter

The last two times I tried it worked again and could cut commercials out by using TeleText. It is not 100% accurate but then it easy to advance/backup some seconds to correct the cutting area.

This saves me a lot of time and it started to work again a few weeks ago.  :)

Cypheros

No one knows what's comming and how long it's lasting, if Great Britain is involved  ;)

Please stay, buddies.

www.cypheros.de