lanquage of the audio track after TSdoctor2 fixing

Begonnen von mnd, Mai 20, 2016, 12:22:42

« vorheriges - nächstes »

mnd

I also tried to cut the file merged by TSDoctor2 with SmartCutter ( http://www.fame-ring.com/smart_cutter.html )
The output smartCutter file keeps all the four source audio tracks : french, qaa, qad and German.
Unfortunately this software crashes sometimes and it is not so sophisticated as TSdoctor, the best on the whole....

Cypheros

That's strange. The merging mode is "simple". That means, the files are just copied one after another. The files are not changed in any way.

The merging log is poor because it's just a simple combination of files.

Have no idea, why the PMT is lost during merging. This should not happen.
If you could upload the files to our sample FTP server, we could investigate and fix the problem.

mnd

OK but I find no trace of your FTP sever   :-[

Cypheros

mnd

Hello

This file has 11 GB size; too big to send by mail. I don't see how to send it to you.

Practically all TSdoctor merged videos (almost all from ARTE HD channel) give the same result after the checking/cutting phase of TSdoctor. It is easy to you to reproduce this behavior.
I am your customer since February 2012 and I am afraid that, considering the way you treat the things, this state still lasts some years....

Regards

mnd

This morning the file transfer on your FTP site is well finished.
Its name is "ARTE HD_Le_Facteur_Sonne_Test_merged.ts".
Then this file is verified and cut by TDdoctor2  and some parts at the beginning and at the end are deleted.
That is in that step that the audio languages are changed.

Regards

Cypheros

Thanks for the sample. I found the reason for the behavior. PMT is on PID 0x0C (12) what is not allowed in the DVB standards, so the PMT is ignored by TS-Doctor. PIDs 0-31 are reserved for other system tables and should not be used for PMT, audio or video streams.

If you want TS-Doctor to ignore this DVB standards, you have to change the settings:
[attachimg=1]

Derrick

I don't understand.. Obviously the source is Arte from the Hotbird transponder. Why on earth the PMT of your recording is on PID 0x0C (12) ?? It should be 570. Did you use any other tool before opening the recording with TSDOC? Or a non DVB compliant recording tool?

mnd

Hello!
Thank you!
Putting this setting, I find the good result indeed on the fixed ts file.
But the setting options are often not very clear for me, basic user..
...And after good setting of the behavior parameter, for each video, there is still two warning to confirm this option...
[attach=3]
It seems to me that your solution is too much restrictive.
Most of the players, conversion or cutting programs I use interpret, by default, all the tracks as mediainfo do.

Regards

mnd

Zitat von: Derrick am Juli 03, 2016, 16:22:30
I don't understand.. Obviously the source is Arte from the Hotbird transponder. Why on earth the PMT of your recording is on PID 0x0C (12) ?? It should be 570. Did you use any other tool before opening the recording with TSDOC? Or a non DVB compliant recording tool?
TSdoctor is the first tool used after the recording of the video by my receiver-recorder Aston Simba HD

1) TS doctor merge all the segment recorded for a video
2) TSdoctor checks and cuts the merged file.

Here is the mediainfo of the first segment of the video
[attachurl=1]

Derrick

Then your Aston Receiver is to blame. There is no need to map the PMT to a forbidden PID.

mnd

Zitat von: Derrick am Juli 03, 2016, 19:26:23
Then your Aston Receiver is to blame. There is no need to map the PMT to a forbidden PID.
All the the video players,conversion or cutting programs I use see and treat correctly the languages of these audio tracks.
Here is , for instance, what Handbrake and Solveig VideoSplitter see for this segment.
But as sure TSdoctor is the best but not perfect!

mnd

another example with the same video

1) merged by TSdoctor (OK for mediainfo)
2) film cut by smartcutter (OK for mediainfo)
3) seen by handbrake

...But smartcutter don't make much checks...

mnd

If you don't reply and stay at this point.
Close this post, Please.
mnd

ErichV

Sorry, but what else do you expect?
Cypheros offered you a solution to circumvent the problem.
It's not a fault of TS-Doctor to adhere to DVB standards.
If I were you, I would contact the support team of Aston and ask for a fix via a firmware update of your receiver.
1 x Humax ESD-160S, 1x TechniSat TechniBox S4, 2x TechniSat Skystar USB 2 HD CI, Nvidia Shield TV Media Streaming Player, TS Doctor 4.0.37, DVBViewer Pro 7.2.5.0 mit DVBViewer Media Server 3.2.5.0

www.cypheros.de