Crash when trying to open one part of multipart recordings

Begonnen von jaydear, April 01, 2016, 00:52:32

« vorheriges - nächstes »

jaydear

If I try to open just one part of a multipart recording the program crashes. The multi parts are not shown in the list any more, just the first part. I'm using v2.0.23, but the list disappeared a few versions ago - please put it back.

I discovered this problem when trying to cut out a portion of a recording to send you to demonstrate the "truncated text" problem.
The.Doctor is the ants' pants :)

Cypheros

The new file dialog put the multipart files into one link. Use File/Open dialog to open a single file.

jaydear

Okay, I'll try that  ::)

BUT... If you answer NO to the "multi-part" question TSD2 crashes!

Cypheros

Can you tell the exact filename that makes TSD crashing?
Did you try another file from the multi part file?

jaydear

Note that this is from the Open UPNP dialogue. I think it should not ask if you want to open one file when it can't actually support that.

Cypheros

OK, it looks like you use Windows 10, like 90% of the people having problems.  ;)

The screenshot looks strange, even for Windows 10. Did you do a drag&drop from windows explorer UPnP drive to TS-Doctor otr something like that?
Did you try to open TS-Doctor first and select the file in TS-Doctor file dialog?

jaydear

I think I can see a problem. In Settings/preferences/dialog settings, "Multi part recording. Open complete recording" affects BOTH File/Open UPNP and File/Open (and maybe others in that list). I think you need to exclude Open UPNP from this setting if it is meant to only open the complete recording  ;)

jaydear

Re: Windows 10... No I'm on Win 8.1

Not dragging 'n' dropping, I always open TSD first then use the file dialogue.

jaydear

Cypheros

Did you try to open the file not with the UPnP dialog but with File/Open dialog?

What are the exact filenames of the muti part file?

jaydear

I'll do a screen capture video. Easier than trying to describe it I think.

jaydear

Link to video demonstrating crashing problem and also the truncated text issue ... http://www.filedropper.com/tsd2problems

Cypheros

OK, I see the problem. The dialog you are using is a summery of recordings found on your computer. Files belonging to a recording are combined into one entry. You can not select an individual file but the whole recording.
The message about the multi file recording should not appear. That's a bug and is fixed in the next version.

If you want to open a single file, for what what reason ever, you should use File/Open from the TS-Doctor menu instead.
But be carefull and don't try to open 000.dvr or info3.dvr as they are not transport stream files but control files for the receiver. This control files can hang the application. This will be fixed in the next version, too.

www.cypheros.de