Some DVB subtitles are not recogniced

Begonnen von klados, Februar 13, 2016, 13:16:28

« vorheriges - nächstes »

klados

With some of the Finnish channels (YLE) DVB subtitles are not recognized right. Stream can be found from "Preserve a stream" list. If I choose to preserve it and produce a fixed ts-file I can choose that DVB subtitle stream in VLC and Potplayer while playing fixed file. However TS Doctor2 doesn't create SRT via OCR.

I have attached an example log.

Derrick

ZitatWith some of the Finnish channels (YLE) DVB subtitles are not recognized right.
According to the log there are no DVB_subtitles in your recording. Only teletext.

Zitat4227  (1083): 0%   = Subtitles (PES_StreamID BD = Private_Stream_1) [PTS][PESLength]

klados

DVB subtitle stream can be played (swithed on/off) in VLC & Potplayer both before and after TS Doctor2 processing. Not sure if it's stream "4227 (1083)" or something else but it's definitely there :). Could it be that it's in odd format variation that is not properly recognized by TS Doctor?

Derrick

Maybe you have to increase the search depth. There are subtitles but not in the beginning.

Cypheros

Are you sure, that there is somthing visible?
Maybe the subtitles are advertised but only some empty packets are in the file.

klados

I activated enhanced PCR check and increased search depth to 500Mb. I also maximized PCR scan factor to 100. Unfortunately this didn't change the behaviour.

I used "raw cut" tool to original file and cut out additional recording before the program started. TS Doctor was now able to recognize DVB subtitle stream. Attached is the log file after saving that recording to new file. Another .srt was created via OCR and texts were ok.

I tried other recordings from same channel. If subtitle stream was available in the beginning of recording (previous program had subtitles) stream was recognized. If recording started from program that had no subtitle stream or in the middle of commercials TS Doctor didn't find the stream.

Djfe

is your internet connection good enough to upload such a file to a ftp server?

if not, is it good enough to upload a short sample created with the raw cutter?
20mb - 50mb before and after the point where the subtitles begin should be enough
if it's then possible to reproduce the issue with that file, then you could upload that sample file to the server instead

www.cypheros.de