"Not enough disk space" ??

Begonnen von CoolRaoul, Februar 12, 2011, 09:16:43

« vorheriges - nächstes »

CoolRaoul

Since  I've recently upgraded to the latest version (1.0.89), when  I try to save an edited file ("save new file") on my synology NAS, I receive an error dialog with the text "Not enough disk space! Abort?" (no problem on local drives)

I've plenty of free disk space on the target folder

Clicking "NO" let the process terminate normally so it's only a false alarm.

The  beta version exhibits the same problem.

Cypheros

Hi,

maybe the NAS reports the wrong free space to windows, so the TS-Doctor believes that there ist not enough space. What say the Windows file explorer if you check the free disk space on the NAS?

CoolRaoul

Zitat von: Cypheros am Februar 12, 2011, 09:46:07
maybe the NAS reports the wrong free space to windows, so the TS-Doctor believes that there ist not enough space. What say the Windows file explorer if you check the free disk space on the NAS?

I'm now sure that the NAS is not the culprit since I've been able to reproduce the problem using a shared folder on my PC.

The problem doesn't appears when accessing the file directly neither when using mapped network drive but it shows up  when using UNC pathnames (\\<host>\<share>\<path>\<file>.ts)

This is easily locally testable using the following syntax: \\localhost\<share name>\<etc...>

CoolRaoul

The problem is still present  on 1.1.4 beta:

Cypheros

Hi,

found the problem. Version 1.1.5 will no longer create false disk size warnings for UNC named directories.

CoolRaoul

www.cypheros.de